Baltimore May the 4th party 2017

zenix

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm hosting a May the 4th event at my makerspace, the Baltimore Node. It's a going away party for the Han in Carbonite I've been building so I'll be talking a lot about that, as well as some other prop replicas I've made. Come by!
The Node is a community workshop with things like laser cutters, CNC routers, 3d printers, a full wood shop, casting equipment, and more!
We can all learn from the project since I'll go over all the skills I learned making this prop as well as others from The Force Awakens and Rogue One. I'll talk about everything I can remember and show pictures and let you ask questions. We'll discuss laser cutting, CNC routing, silicon molding, resin casting, 3d printing, 3d model packing optimization, microcontroller programming, sculpting with bondo, chemical etching, circuit board design, and much more.
Please bring some food to share if you want, or chip in a few bucks for pizza.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1920831091520824/

han snacks.jpg

han snacks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - I'm in the DC area but have been pretty out of the loop with local makers/spaces. I'd love to try to make it out to this, thanks!

Dang, I'm out. Completely forgot that I have tickets to take my son to the premiere of GOTG2. Doubt I could make it in time to be to the theater. Sounds like a really cool get together. Hopefully some more will spring up in the future, and I can make the trip.

I also have Guardian tickets with the family but I will try to come by after. I am only a little south of you in Severna Park. I would love to see the Han in Carbonite.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back