Todd's Costumes - DL-44 Han Solo Blaster

kjkelley

Has anyone out there acquired this particular DL-44 Han Solo Blaster from Todd's Costume's? I am wondering your opinion of this piece regarding movie accuracy and how you think it compares to other DL-44 offerings?

Thanks!

I have it. I like it, but I don't have any other makers version of this blaster to compare to. I recall someone saying that the scope mount is thicker or thinner than it should be. For the price it's a good deal and with a bit of work to the denix you can really make it shine.

I don't own it but i held one at comic con. I do own the Dark Energy Creations kit. I have it on a Denix base. I believe Todds is on a denix base as well. The feel the same weight roughly and both have their qualities but I wouldn't discount Todds. In my opinion it definitely gets the job done. Looks and feels great. At the very least you have a great base to work from.

I have his scope and a full DEC kit. I like Todd's scope more as it has "functioning" internals but you really can't do real focusing with it.

I like todds work on his Indiana jones stuff.
i have the master replicas version, I wonder how it compares to that one?

Here's mine. It's a denix base with all of todds parts.

IMG_2862.JPG

Its fair to say that to the discerning collector each offering wil have their unique issues but for me, the Todd's is simply brilliant.
Here's mine - built on a heavily modified DENIX base.

ANH_Bapty_Raats_1_SMALL.jpg

ANH_Bapty_Raats_2_SMALL.jpg

Regards
MARK

Its fair to say that to the discerning collector each offering wil have their unique issues but for me, the Todd's is simply brilliant.
Here's mine - built on a heavily modified DENIX base.

http://www.markraats.com/dropbox/ANH_Bapty_Raats_1_SMALL.jpg

http://www.markraats.com/dropbox/ANH_Bapty_Raats_2_SMALL.jpg

Regards
MARK

Very nice Mark! Looks fantastic!
When you say heavily modified, what do you do to it once you get it from Todd? Disassemble it and then...?

Very nice Mark! Looks fantastic!
When you say heavily modified, what do you do to it once you get it from Todd? Disassemble it and then...?

Thank you sir..
The Denix didn't come from Todd because its always a minefield to try and import them into Australia - so I sourced it locally. The Denix has a great weight to it but the detail is soft, trigger is off and there are a number of things that are simply not right about it. I took mine apart and re-machined some of it (by hand because I don't have the capacity to do heavy metal machinery) and accuratised it as best you can with the Denix. It cleans up very well so the effort is worth it. It will never be totally accurate but you can make it look far better then it does especially if you punch in the serial numbers and other small details. Unfortunately, most guys leave it at it is and that's a pity because you can see them a mile off if they are not reworked.

There are a number of threads by exceptional builders who have reworked theirs, do a search and I am sure you will find them very useful indeed.

Good luck
MARK

If you're looking for screen accuracy, then Todd's isn't going to do it. Not that it's a bad product, I absolutely LOVE mine, but it's built on a denix base and the screen used were built on a MGC base. So if that's an issue for you, then I'd keep looking. If you want something that looks great, reminds you of your favorite smuggler and is a one purchase deal, then Todd's in the place to go.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back