Mannequin Head to display Gas Mask

Keith

Sr Member
I have a British Army S6 respirator that i've owned since 1980, just after the SAS Iranian Embassy siege.
I would like to display the mask and the correct hood on a mannequin head.

I'm looking for ideas for the display, as i'm not sure how to finish the bottom of it display off, where the hood has been cut off the smock and also the base. I don't want it to look odd.

I need the eye section that can be seen through the mask to look at least fairly realistic, but i can't put much time into this project to, so i was wondering if there are any rubber masks or something that could go on the mannequin head, so i could maybe just get a mannequin head without a detailed face.

If anyone has any ideas or photos that could help, i would much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Keith.

Just out of interest is it an artifact from the siege, or just the same model of mask?

So you just want the eyes and eye area that can be seen the the visors to look like a real face under it? Have you considered moulding you own head from alginate? And then doing a latex slush? Not too difficult and fairly cheap. This is the place to learn how to do it. Plus you can get flesh tinted latex. stick some glass eyes in there too.

In terms of the bottom maybe head an shoulders.

Last edited:
Its just the same model of mask and correct hood, its not one that was used in the siege.
I thought about doing a head and shoulders display, but i would have to find or replicate the suit and flak jacket.

I will have a think about making an eye area mold. I just don't have any spare time at the moment and was hoping to be able to just buy something that will do the job.
It would be ideal if someone sold an eye area resin casting of a face, then i could just get a blank face mannequin head.

Cheers,

Keith.

I don't have anything like that I'm afraid otherwise I'd sell you. I'd say do it your self. Mold your face with alginate. Then get some flesh tinted latex. A days work, and not much money. Unless someone chimes in who can help you.

Its just the same model of mask and correct hood, its not one that was used in the siege.
I thought about doing a head and shoulders display, but i would have to find or replicate the suit and flak jacket.

I will have a think about making an eye area mold. I just don't have any spare time at the moment and was hoping to be able to just buy something that will do the job.
It would be ideal if someone sold an eye area resin casting of a face, then i could just get a blank face mannequin head.

Cheers,

Keith.

reelprops has a few lifecasts available in the junkyard - depends on who you want and how much you want to spend. It would be the full head though and not just the eye area

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back