Suicide Squad Captain Boomerang

Rdmaul

Sr Member
Since I haven't been on here in awhile and didn't see any post about this costume, I figured Id post about my progress for the character. Wanted to do this character since I saw the movie and started ordering pieces for it to mod and use for the costume.

The costume consists of a few components but Mostly was made Custom for the movie as confirmed by the costume designer for Suicide Squad on Twitter. Some of the items are as follows:

• Outer Grey Winter Jacket
  • Inner "Captain" Jacket
  • Under Tank top with Blue Ribbing
  • Motorcycle Ribbed Knee Pants
  • Doc Marten 14 Eyelet Men's Boots With Duck Tape
  • Custom Boomerang Catchers Glove
  • Various Chains and Double Dangle Diamond earring
  • Breitling Bentley White faced Gold Bezel Watch
  • Gold Tooth
  • Custom Gurglers Beer

First thing I wanted to tackle was the Boomerang catchers glove he wears, seeing its a mix between a Butchers glove and a Leather glove, I decided to use both for the construction. I cant take credit for the idea as Cosplay Chris did it first on Youtube....and I just expanded on the idea. First thing was to Cut the fingers off the glove and the Thumb and the hem on the bottom, and also the back of the hand section (side not if making remember to keep thumb as the tip portion will be glued to glove) The base glove used was a Lamont work glove from Wal Mart.

Next Was to Add the Leather strips and stitch the areas of the glove, Also added extra leather pieces to match the actual glove from the movie.

Lastly got my Butchers metal chain mail glove in, fitting the leather glove over it wasnt too bad. A little snug, BUT turned out nicely

Next thing I had ordered was the Tank top, Various Chains, And Earring. The Fatter Chain that has diamonds is called a Miami Cuba chain I got a 30" chain, the smaller chain is Byzantine Box chain I got a 26" chain for this, and the Tank top is a Aeropostale Heathered Tank Might be harder to find since they are discontinued I think. The Earring was a random online find

I ordered the Coat And Jacket from a Ebay Seller Dubai Leathers I plan on modding and weathering it like crazy. They have a deal for both jackets and I couldnt pass that up, seeing as the sleeves for the 'Captain' Jacket are probably going to get cut off for heat purposes, and the outer coat is going to get thrashed by me. If you guys saw my Bane post a long time ago weathering is my jam. Will update when Jackets come in this week!

The pants are the hardest thing to find something close because all the hipster jeans are skinny, and for a normal human being like me I gotta be cautious of them, ordered from Ebay seller Your-Need and will be dyed darker and weathered accordingly.

The boots are Doc Marten AirWare 14 eyelet boots which was a easy ID at SDCC when they had the costume on display, I scored a pair of these for $35 on ebay. Will update with pics of boots when actually home

I found a awesome dude on Etsy making Vinyl wraps for Cans that Are the Exact print as the Gurglers beer that Boomerang chugs, seems to have his store down right now but his username is RizaAu

Also found another seller making accurate boomerangs on Etsy as well, I was going to make these myself but got lazy and just ordered from this guy his username is RaptorProps

Lastly the thing that bothered me the most, the Breitling Watch, its a Bentley model that retails for about $5000-$10,000 Finding a replica was sorta easy though and a few of the replica shops have a exact copy seen from this photo

one of the places is here http://www.ereplicaswiss.com/Breitl...d-Beze;-White-Face-Quartz-Chrono-Replica.html

And Bonus for Pinky the unicorn, I think the production used this Plush and modded it to not look the same as the one manufactered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221478467223?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Really love the details you put into it! Those gloves are amazing. Really accurately done. You don't happen to have a photo your the full costume? Is it finished yet?

I have two of RizaAu can wraps. It fits over a Mt Dew Black label can with minor trimming. Very happy with it.

Great work on the glove, very inspriring.

Really love the details you put into it! Those gloves are amazing. Really accurately done. You don't happen to have a photo your the full costume? Is it finished yet?

I dont have a photo yet of the full costume, Its still very much a WIP costume. I get the coats in this week and will update when I start weathering them and post it up

I have two of RizaAu can wraps. It fits over a Mt Dew Black label can with minor trimming. Very happy with it.

Great work on the glove, very inspriring.

Thanks, the RizaAu wraps looked perfect to me Ill prob use a Full throttle can as I actually like drinking that stuff :)

I dont have a photo yet of the full costume, Its still very much a WIP costume. I get the coats in this week and will update when I start weathering them and post it up

Thanks, the RizaAu wraps looked perfect to me Ill prob use a Full throttle can as I actually like drinking that stuff :)

Yeah please post an update on how the costume looks when it's finished! I'm really curious on the results :D

Update got the two Jackets in today, They overall are decent and will get me by once I weather the living hell out of them. the material on the "captain" jacket is all wrong and the arm boomerangs on the Outer coat are off. Going to be weathering them this weekend and hopefully making them look somewhat accurate.

Update: Spent about 2 hours this morning weathering the Captain Jacket and the Outer Coat. I am fairly happy with the outcome, I still need to do light spot weathering to get the details but the bulk of it is done.

For the 'Captain' jacket I used a mix of Acrylic Water based paints AND Citadel Nulin Oil ran this through my Airbrush and got the desired effect of old and used and dirty.

Next was to tackle the HUGE outer coat. First thing I did was take 100 grit sand paper and just go over the outer shine, you can see the difference in these pics here

Next was the arm guard on the sleeve, This needed to look like real leather or just more like real leather, I used the same leather dye that I used for the Leather glove and darkened the area, then I brushed black acrylic in the stitch lines and high wear areas. First pic is before and then after

Now that the sanding and arm guard was done it was time to add a few accent marks with Spray paint, I used a mix of Rustoleum flat black camo paint and flat white paint, basically just hitting the areas that would have high wear or really have stress points in them. This step is really up to the wearer as its more or less how you like the coats to look.

Last part was to add the Duck tape to the sleeve and the outer bottom portion of the coat, I used the High Res Ref pics to try to recreate it the best I could. Once you apply the duck tape give it a nice scrunch to really mess it up, then I used dry Acrylic brush to it to make it look used as hell

And of course had to try it all on after seeing it hanging there!!!

Looks amazing so far! Can't wait to see you in your full costume! Very accurate! Seriously, he was the best character in the whole movie

Just remember you are going to need a gold tooth cap for your left incisor. I need to get a new one and a pinky ring for my costume.

Looks amazing so far! Can't wait to see you in your full costume! Very accurate! Seriously, he was the best character in the whole movie

Thanks man, Will have a full costume test here in prob a week or so

Just remember you are going to need a gold tooth cap for your left incisor. I need to get a new one and a pinky ring for my costume.

Yup, I have gotten some gold foil and I am going to do a test with it this week and see along with the make up, Today Ill be dyeing the pants the darker color they need to be

Update guys got a few things done today. Dyed the pants darker prob need one more dye job and weathering, Got pinky in as well just needs weathering, got a zippo lighter, and also got the Rizu can wraps on a couple full throttle energy drinks. Bonus decided to trim the beard to the dirtbag look

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back