Spray paint help

barbquebutt

Hey folks. I encountered a problem spray painting a Jason mask that I've never encountered before. For some reason, I keep getting this bare spots that look like bubbles that I can't explain. I've sanded down and re-painted twice and it keeps happening. Not sure what's causing it or how to fix it. Any advice?

The mask is PETG and the paint is Krylon indoor/outdoor. The very same can I've used on other masks with no problem (albeit those were ABS).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
c963261ff08685e25d24109d087521ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience it's usually caused by oils still remaining on the part. Possibly from your fingers. Problem is unless you REALLY let that dry it will keep doing it with each coat. Usually i catch it right after that coat and I just sand it back down through the coat to fix it.

In my experience it's usually caused by oils still remaining on the part. Possibly from your fingers. Problem is unless you REALLY let that dry it will keep doing it with each coat. Usually i catch it right after that coat and I just sand it back down through the coat to fix it.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a good cleaning and try it again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also try using a degreaser of some kind. The place I get my paint from sells a product called panel wipe that I use before painting to make sure all mould release or other potential issues are gone.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back