Netflix Daredevil costume

Helmet 3D sculpted printed then cast and the suit is screen printed onto spandex
I don't know for certain, but it looks to me like that is not printed. All the pix I've seen show an amazing amount of texture in them. I'm thinking it's some kind of nylon.

But, that's not the initial question. I'm not sure of the FX house that built it, but it was designed by Ryan Meinerding.
5b650e35cf78285ca32bc7fbaca7fb70.jpg
3ceb7b58d5a914d02063c743b2281598.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If that's an example of 3D garment printing (or high density), sign me the hell up!! I'd have sworn in a court of law that was made out of nylon or Kevlar. Amazing times in which we live!

Does anyone happen to know what FX Company made the helmet and costume for the show?

I'm not sure who did the creation/assembly of the main fabric components, but the helmet, baton holders, and "armor" bits were created by Quantum Creation FX.

If that's an example of 3D garment printing (or high density), sign me the hell up!! I'd have sworn in a court of law that was made out of nylon or Kevlar. Amazing times in which we live!

A lot of superhero costumes are made like this these days: Captain America, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Superman, Black Widow, Daredevil, Etc. They are all spandex with high density screen printing to make it easy for stunts and movement, but it looks like a more resistant, futuristic, or "tactical" fabric.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back