Armorer Works DL-44

Your welcome. Us AW owners gotta stick together, lol. Feel free to post pictures of yours here.

Since this isn't accurate to any movie version I went with a new mystery disk. Much happier than the plain disk.

Attachments

• 0523170552.jpg
    0523170552.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 273
  • 0523170552a.jpg
    0523170552a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 275
Carey P, yes, there will be a TFA version. I have the test piece on order. Once I recieve it I will check its fit. If all is good the part will go up for sale. And just so everyone knows, it wasn't Sly Tools who made the price changes, it was Shapeways itself. It was a price drop across the board on the Frosted material. I know TonyRR parts for the various Falcons and Star Destroyer kits dropped as well!

And Trooper_trent, that DL-44 looks great!! Glad you like the grill. Looks much better than the stock one!!

Robiwan, just wanted to thank you for putting this thread together. I'm a total noob at prop stuff, but I have long wanted a DL-44. I've lurked RPF for years marveling at everyone's work but just don't have the money or time to put as much work into one as so many here have done. I bought one of those Rubies DL-44s a couple years ago to paint up, but I knw I wanted something better. I finally pulled the trigger (no pun intended) on an Evike/Armorer Works DL-44. I've been wanting one for some time and saw that they were finally taking pre-orders for a July 2017 ETA. Yesterday was my birthday and I got some $$ and I JUST now ordered one. Can't wait for it to get here. I know it's not perfect, and I am not really a stickler for complete accuracy, but I did see some area for improvement and, lo and behold, I ran across this thread! Already was planning to weather it but, now, thanks to you, I have a source for a replacement grill and lots of other tips as well. So...thanks again :D

What a great build. Since airsoft guns are easier to import, gonna try my luck with them one of these days. Really nice!

I just got mine in the mail. Excellent weathering. I've ordered a new heat sink/grill from shapeways. Where did you get the 3 parts for the sight, and how are they attached?

Thanks Robiwan for the thread:thumbsup. I started work on mine. Waiting on the TFA grill and some more aluminum black to get it finished up.

20171122_090940.jpg

What replacement grip set is that? I'd love to get one!
I ordered a set of mauser grips on gungrip.com They have the older style with more, thinner lines, the other style with fewer, thicker lines if you want to go with a TFA version, and even the version with the red 9 on them.
They won't fit the airsoft's frame out of the package. You'll have to line them up and use a pencil to trace the inside of the frame, then cut down the rest until they fit in place. Not too hard.

Actually, it looks like amazon has several and some are MUCH cheaper than what I paid years ago.

I actually got those grips at some point and they are shaped really funny - almost like they belong on a Bolo Mauser, but with a rounded butt instead of the flat one on Bolo guns. The wood grips for pre-war mausers shouldn't be as angled outwards as these are

I actually got those grips at some point and they are shaped really funny - almost like they belong on a Bolo Mauser, but with a rounded butt instead of the flat one on Bolo guns. The wood grips for pre-war mausers shouldn't be as angled outwards as these are
Were they shaped so funny that they can't even be modified to fit the AW custom? sure would be nice to spend $30 rather than 60-90... even if I have to spend an hour shaping them.

Were they shaped so funny that they can't even be modified to fit the AW custom? sure would be nice to spend $30 rather than 60-90... even if I have to spend an hour shaping them.
So, that angled part near the lowest grooves has to be trimmed - and then youd cut the rest of the grooves into whats left over I think, and then shapenthe backs

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back