Thor Ragnarok Helmet Build / 3D Printed

Lord Magneto

Sr Member
Here is a look at my Thor Ragnarok Helmet Build. I'm crazy excited about this project. I'm currently working on deciding how I want to have the ears connected so when I move one it moves the other.

The files were created by do3d.com and shared with me for a new video build project for my youtube channel.

I printed this on my CR-10 and BQ Witbox. Printed in .2mm layer height with 10% infill. The Helmet took 37 hours to print and the wings took about 4-6 hours each.

I might end up printing the ears again since I had some issues with my Witbox.

Will be posting some more photos from my build as I continue to progress with this.

98cGWaRm.jpg

ftTH2xnm.jpg

VglvrkZm.jpg

wkRppNVm.jpg

Attachments

• VglvrkZm.jpg
    VglvrkZm.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 166
  • VglvrkZm.jpg
    VglvrkZm.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 157
  • ftTH2xnm.jpg
    ftTH2xnm.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 158
  • ftTH2xnm.jpg
    ftTH2xnm.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 98cGWaRm.jpg
    98cGWaRm.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 98cGWaRm.jpg
    98cGWaRm.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 98cGWaRm.jpg
    98cGWaRm.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 173
  • ftTH2xnm.jpg
    ftTH2xnm.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 152
  • VglvrkZm.jpg
    VglvrkZm.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 154
  • wkRppNVm.jpg
    wkRppNVm.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 152
  • wkRppNVm.jpg
    wkRppNVm.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 150
  • wkRppNVm.jpg
    wkRppNVm.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
If you look on the poster with just thor holding the helmet you see a band of metal going over the helmet connecting the two wings...its hard to see but its there. That's what im doing for my metal prop replica. Here it is for ya 20170410143642!Thor_Ragnarok_poster.jpg

If you look on the poster with just thor holding the helmet you see a band of metal going over the helmet connecting the two wings...its hard to see but its there. That's what im doing for my metal prop replica. Here it is for ya View attachment 722657

Thanks saw this as well and might have a new version in the works ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Print one for me and send them both. I'll paint it up for ya, real nice. ;)

I wont lie... I'm considering the offer ;)

Man that looks great. I just have to say i Love the YouTube channel. I watched the one the other day about filling in your 3d prints with the wood filler and it has changed my life. Works great and drys fast. THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

What are you using for the base color of the helmet? I can't quite put my finger on if it's a titanium color or more bronze. I have all the parts printed and am currently in the early prep stages with primer and sanding.

What are you using for the base color of the helmet? I can't quite put my finger on if it's a titanium color or more bronze. I have all the parts printed and am currently in the early prep stages with primer and sanding.

Still on the fence. I'm hoping they release some more of the photos from Hot Toys so i can get a better idea. I'm hoping to have my costume in place by NYCC

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back