Svedka Star destroyer accuracy?

32buds

Hi everyone,
I've been seriously considering buying a Zvezda /revell star destroyer, but after looking at various pictures of completed kits I'm unsure if the bridge is 100%.
Is the bridge too wide, it's off in some way.
Can anyone share some knowledge on this?
Thanks.
l

Last edited:
It's not accurate to any Star Destroyer except the crashed one in The Force Awakens. It was mastered from that CG model. You're right about the bridge. It's about 10% too big when trying to match the Original Trilogy destroyers. It's a perfect match for the crashed Force Awakens one.

Last edited:
Yes, the bridge is a bit too wide, however in many peoples opinion it's not a deal breaker. For the size and price, there is no other better SD, unless you move into the $500-$700 range and have the skill to work with large resin kits.
Also, if you don't plan on adding lights, you can literally build this plastic model in one day.

While this kit is not 100% accurate - it is the best styrene kit that has come to retail. You can build this out of the box and it will look terrific - because it captures that 'line' that the old MPC/AMT kit never touched in terms of detail and the wide angular menacing look of the filming model. OR - as I am doing, it serves as an excellent base to ADD a lot of detail/greeblies/aftermarket parts that the injection process limits with styrene.

I'm adding Niart's Shapeways domes and 308 bit's Garbage chute to mine - and detailing the hangar bays, trenches and engine details with a ton of greeblies from styrene strips, 1/700 ship parts and photo-etch. Later I will begin the process of hand drilling thousands of holes and lighting the kit with LEDs and fiber optics with an internal AA battery pack with infrared remote. My ship will hang by fishing line from the ceiling rather than sitting on a stand.

As you can witness from so many other builds showcased here and on the Facebook builders group, your imagination, skills and time will transform this into the kit you have always wanted to have and show and have.

TBH each ISD is going to be different depending on when it was manifactured in the galaxy. Not even destroyers or Aircraft carriers in the real world military are same from one to the next. So stop stressing about it :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back