4 years and still nothing… Problems with Hell's Kitchen / Hero Armour / thebatmanofoz

nixy

In 2013 I ordered a TDK suit from Kris at Hell's Kitchen (now Hero Armour / thebatmanofoz I believe). At the time people recommended Kris as the go-to-guy for movie-accurate TDK suit so I went ahead even though it was expensive.

What follows is a story that has been told many times (way too many perhaps). You can see other threads below for similar experiences. In a nutshell, Kris promised a quick turnaround, took the money, and then kept changing the completion date, ignoring emails and messages, giving different explanations each time etc.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=188374&p=2963205&viewfull=1#post2963205
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=184971&p=2895628&viewfull=1#post2895628
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=193331&p=3020433&viewfull=1#post3020433
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=227255&p=3465420&viewfull=1#post3465420
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=265944&page=2&p=4225561&viewfull=1#post4225561

A couple of lucky people managed to get their items after about 3 years. I guess I’m breaking some sort of record here for not receiving mine from Kris after 4 years…

I’m not denying the quality of Kris’s work or else I wouldn’t have ordered from him in the first place. It’s the wait that’s ridiculous. Many people did have good experience dealing with him, but for future buyers you may not want to take your chances, especially when you’re paying someone a lot of money…

Re: 4 years and still nothing… Problems with Hell's Kitchen / Hero Armour / thebatman

After 4 years it's time to get the cops on him for running a scam.

Re: 4 years and still nothing… Problems with Hell's Kitchen / Hero Armour / thebatman

A little further information - Kris (Hellskitchencc) no longer has the masters/molds for the TDK suit. They are now owned by Tundra Designs and Applied Sciences Division - i believe there were 2 sets. So you are highly unlikely to be able to get a TDK suit from the original source.

A little further information - Kris (Hellskitchencc) no longer has the masters/molds for the TDK suit. They are now owned by Tundra Designs and Applied Sciences Division - i believe there were 2 sets. So you are highly unlikely to be able to get a TDK suit from the original source.

Thanks that's helpful. Need a full refund from him then.

So Kris (HK) got back to me and said that he still has the molds for the TDK suit.. Is that even possible?

So Kris (HK) got back to me and said that he still has the molds for the TDK suit.. Is that even possible?

To honest I'm confused. I am more happy to be corrected on any of this. I am not trying to stir up trouble or trying to antagonise anyone but these are my recollections. I cannot remember the exact location of the discussions (too many social media threads) - but Tundra Designs and AS Division each have a set of the HK TDK masters - both parties have said as much. So there are obviously multiple sets of the masters but maybe Kris(HK) has a set of molds. However Kris(HK) has said on FB or elsewheres (again not sure where) that he is no longer making TDK suits (perhaps he was still producing belts and cowls) but again I cannot definitively source these statements and am relying on memory. I also believe that rpf member Batman101 has stated words to effect that he more or less got the last HK TDK suit. So as I said I'm confused.

Edit :

Here's a FB post from Hero Armour ( formerly known as HK) dated Jan 12 2016 - "Ok so to clear up some drama I no longer make TDK suits only masks and belts SO if your wanting to still get a legit set of TDK armour from my molds you need to talk to Tundra Designes and Custom Replica Props as they both have my masters"

Capture.PNG

I have also edited this post to reflect the information contained in Coofunkcurly's post below.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tundra and AS were not handed over molds. They were handed over master copies. From which they could make their own molds. So I am sure HK still has his own molds still.

Tundra and AS were not handed over molds. They were handed over master copies. From which they could make their own molds. So I am sure HK still has his own molds still.

Thanks for clearing things up Kevin. As I said I am not trying to antagonise anyone and am happy to be corrected. I have edited my previous post to try and further clear things up.

Last edited:

I'm sorry to heard this. I also ordered a TDK armor set from Kris in 2013, and got my items in 2015. hope you can get your items in the end,

bless your hearts for being patient. i would've payed the guy a visit with a Louisville slugger. its not difficult to find people but then again maybe im biased since i work in the business. but scammers like that should be dealt with.

Thanks to everyone especially Chris and Kevin for the helpful info!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back