First Replica Build: Tracer Pulse Pistol (Overwatch) (In Progress)

jihanki

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum as a member, but I've been benefitting from this community's knowledge for a while, so thank you!

I wanted to share my progress on the Tracer Pulse Pistol I've been working on for a few months in my spare time. I've been documenting the process pretty thoroughly in the hopes that someone is working on a similar project and can benefit from my successes and failures.

I'm pushing to make this is detailed as I can, and try techniques I've never tried before. My favorite aspect of this project so far has been hunting for existing hardware that matches the reference material and incorporating it into the design. It's a really fun and challenging constraint that I hope adds to the final product. I'm also trying to be as respectful as possible to parts that I interpret as "independent", so parts that would be manufactured as a separate component until final assembly (so no combining parts for casting).

Anyways, here's my progress so far!

tracer_overwatch.0.0.jpgtracer_4.PNG
tumblr_onr3fy3Y8I1w9b4kto2_1280.pngtumblr_onr3fy3Y8I1w9b4kto3_1280.png
2017-02-19 16.15.48.jpg
build.gif
tumblr_inline_onr5tydLAM1ty00tz_540.pngtumblr_inline_onr5oeE4Qz1ty00tz_540.jpgtumblr_inline_onr60d9a8Q1ty00tz_1280-1.jpg
tumblr_inline_onr5cruVCp1ty00tz_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_onr5cqkvqt1ty00tz_540.jpgIMG_20170401_180354.jpg
2017-02-19 16.16.40.jpgtumblr_inline_onrbd9AKev1ty00tz_540.jpgIMG_20170327_210341.jpg
IMG_20170401_220518.jpgIMG_20170402_195340.jpg3679820836458161712-account_id=1.jpg

I go into a lot more detail on the Tumblr page I made for this project: https://pulsepistolproject.tumblr.com/
From now on I'll add to this post with updates (hopefully that's an appropriate way to do this).

I'm very close to wrapping up the mold-making process, and then I can move on to casting and painting. If anyone has suggestions or improvements I would love to hear from you.

Can't believe I missed this post! I love the detail you are putting into the pistol.

Working on a pulse rifle of S76 myself and indeed the more detail the more 'realistic' the prop becomes, I like the way you tackle this. Making parts like this is an actual fabricated pistol. With my pulse rifle I tried to do the same thing. Make allot of different parts and put it together instead of trying to carve out a whole rifle out of a block of foam. Can't wait to see yours finished.

Thanks, Hoplitespear! I'm finding that doing it this way is extremely time consuming, but when all of the individual components come together the effect is really striking. Are you documenting your progress on your Soldier 76 rifle anywhere? I would love to see your approach and watch your progress. I have some significant updates to this project that I'll be uploading in the next few days.

Thanks, Hoplitespear! I'm finding that doing it this way is extremely time consuming, but when all of the individual components come together the effect is really striking. Are you documenting your progress on your Soldier 76 rifle anywhere? I would love to see your approach and watch your progress. I have some significant updates to this project that I'll be uploading in the next few days.

Hey,

Offcourse! I can't get links to work in my signature, i think its a 'rights' thing or so. But if you click my name and go to latest threads it should be there. I only have 3. Just finished the rifle. Its not 3D printed engineering quality by all means, but I'm really happy with it.

Here's the link to my S76 thread.

Best regards -Hopli-

(sry for the late reply didn't notice the awnser.)

Edit: I subbed now, should get email notifications of awnsers or updates :D

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back