Custom blaster WIP - R1 inspired

Re: Need your input for custom blaster

Thanks again for your interest and suggestions.

Like I already wrote, I went with the shorter design, but kept the DH17 style muzzle at it's current length. Otherwise Lichtbringer would have been able to shorten it. Don't want it to look too DH17'ish, so it has to be a bit longer.

Would have been perfect, if the foldable stock sit a tad more to the front, but I won't complain...

the base for this custom is a spanish MP STAR. Bought two deactivated ones not too long ago.

I really dig that gun you're using. It looks just like a variant from the same family as the E-11.

Good design. shorter barrel looks better. How about combining some of the holes into slots?
It definitely needs something from the visible v8 kit. Don't you think?? hehe

You've got a rod coming out the back of the receiver tube: what do you have in mind?

Nice use of this SMG.

Good design. shorter barrel looks better. How about combining some of the holes into slots?
It definitely needs something from the visible v8 kit. Don't you think?? hehe

Slots, huh? might be worth a second through Steve. V8 greeblies...for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

You've got a rod coming out the back of the receiver tube: what do you have in mind?

Nice use of this SMG.

Thx Mike.
That´s just a threaded rod I used to attach the muzzle to the receiver. It also supports the inner barrel. It´ll be shortened during the build.

I really love that design. Looks like something new, but still very Starwarsy.

Nice !

I'd recommend covering the cocking handle slot (not shown in your photos) w/ a piece of T-track and mounting a tactical light (same as used in Rogue One) onto the handle itself.
That would mimic the look of what we saw on those E-11's.

Unless you've got something else in mind to make it look less like an earth-based weapon.

I'd recommend covering the cocking handle slot (not shown in your photos) w/ a piece of T-track and mounting a tactical light (same as used in Rogue One) onto the handle itself.
That would mimic the look of what we saw on those E-11's.

Unless you've got something else in mind to make it look less like an earth-based weapon.

the slot on the left side of the MP Star?!
I am indeed planning to add a tactical flashlight as seen on many R1 blasters, but am (was? ;)) unsure about its placement... Thought about adding it to the plain rear section of the DH17 muzzle. Hmmmmm.... Decisions, decisions

With regards to the real world practicability... Wouldn't that light be in the way for a right handed person?!

Thanks for your suggestion Mike!

Last edited:

Is this what the left side looks like?
If so, that's the slot I was referring to.

links_25.JPG

Super cool, love the base gun! Where did you come up with the metal DH-17 type barrel?

I've got the same barrel and long rod, from a chap in Denmark (?) waiting for me to install it on the MGC Sterling in the same box.
Hopefully this year.

They're quality parts.

I've got the same barrel and long rod, from a chap in Denmark (?) waiting for me to install it on the MGC Sterling in the same box.
Hopefully this year.

They're quality parts.

Had mine machined by a friend over a decade ago with the intention to use it on a ESB DH17 I was building at that time. Well...the dimensions were off, so I polished it up with the intention to use it on an all silver custom blaster I had in mind back then.
Guess what? this never happened, so I still had it in my parts boxes.

The ROTJ muzzle is different and has got a smaller O.D., since it goes into the MGC receiver. Anyway...looking forward to your build :)

That looks great so far!

BTW, how does Germany handle deactivated guns like this? In the U.S. to get something like this, it would have to be torch cut all to heck. Yours seems to look like it's still in one piece. I saw a Sterling parts kit at a gun show and the entire back end of the tube was gone, the mag well was cut off, and there was a little bit of the vented barrel left along with the grip/trigger and stock.

That looks great so far!

BTW, how does Germany handle deactivated guns like this? In the U.S. to get something like this, it would have to be torch cut all to heck. Yours seems to look like it's still in one piece. I saw a Sterling parts kit at a gun show and the entire back end of the tube was gone, the mag well was cut off, and there was a little bit of the vented barrel left along with the grip/trigger and stock.

Thanks buddy.

You guys are considering the receiver the "vital" gun part, while the barrel, bolt/ firing pin and trigger group do/ did not require any modification or deactivation. (at least in the past, where I purchased two L2A3 kits through IMA and received "working" bolts, barrels etc.!).
German laws are considering the receiver itself as non-vital, but require pretty much all other components of a weapon to be deactivated...making it just a lump of metal since the new laws applied.

The MP STar I base my blaster on is a parts kit without any of these vital gun parts and a deactivated trigger group, legal to purchase and to own :cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back