Bronze cast Green Lantern Rings

FreddySchramm

Nice metalworking project I'm working on.

So I 3d printed 14 green lantern rings to cast in bronze.These were cast in the traditional bronze casting way, not really the detailed way that's used to make jewelry but nevertheless it works.

The big challenge was gating all of them with wax properly. I just dipped them in some hot wax before attaching the gating, it helped alot .Other than that the initial burn out of the mold was a success. Pour went perfectly as you can see.

The only problem was that the heat caused half of the mold to crack, So when I poured the bronze I got alot of flashing. Half of the ring are going to com e out kinda scratchy when I clean them up but other than that they're looking pretty good.

I'm going to patina them all differently. The cleaner rings will remain shiny bronze, but the more hammered rings I plan to patinate using different methods to bring out different shades of green.

These are going to be a big part of my senior prop exhibition next week, I'll have enough done to show properly.

20170226_174356.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 8.03.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 7.59.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 7.58.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 7.59.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 7.58.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-05 at 7.59.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 8.02.55 PM.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back