Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Zora Armor and Props

MadPhazeGames

Ever since I began playing LoZ:BotW, I fell in love with the outfits and different props in the game. I recently found the Zora armor and decided that I would try to make a replica of it for this upcoming Halloween, which, I know, is a long ways away. I plan on making many things for this outfit such as the Sheikah Slate, shield, armor, tunic, and possibly a sword. So far, I have the Sheikah Slate almost done with being painted. I started the assembly of the shield and a little bit of the armor. Here's what I have so far
BotW shield.jpg

BotW Zora arm cuff.png

Subscribing to see your progress, I'm excited. I've been debating what to make from BoTW, myself. There is so many different things to make and I need more room in my house the growing Zelda props. I've been looking at different materials for the suit itself. I'm excited to see your progress.

I've just started on painting the shield last night after I put homemade play dough on the raised areas in the middle and edges. I can post a picture of what I have when I get home and what I have after I work on it more tonight. If you have any questions about what materials I'm using or how I did something, feel free to ask!

Here's what I have so far on the shield. The middle piece is still "mushy" due to the large amount of play dough. The edges are pretty dry and in need of a second coat of paint.

Reference:
Shield reference.png
What I have so far:
Shield WIP.jpg

So, the play dough will not work on the arm and leg bracers because it keeps cracking no matter how many times I've had to redo it. I will have to find something that will substitute for it

My cat knocked my shield off of my table and completely ruined it. I decided that I would make the Hylian Shield instead. Here is the shape I have so far. Not the best cardboard, but the biggest piece I have at the moment.

Attachments

• Shield restart.png
    Shield restart.png
    669.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back