X-Files Mulder and Scully Badges

trowa195

Hello,

Long time lurker, moderate participant and fanatic prop collector/maker here. I am looking for a bit of info on the badges used in the X Files (early) series. I have a lot of reference but am looking for more hard facts.
Does anyone know the dimensions of the FBI ID case they used in the series? I know most everyone guards their info like fort knox around here because of re-casters and typical Jack-assedry that happens on the internet and ebay. I assure you that I have no intentions of making a profit from my project, I just want this for my own selfish reasons.
I plan on making my own wallet, I have all the resources I need except pattern measurements.
Also, If anybody out there has a good picture of the ID photos used that would also be awesome. I have kind of given up on getting templates and am going to just photoshop the actual ID border and writing using what I found from the actual prop online as a base. So I would also like to know what size the actual ID cards are, the main one and the director signature one.

I have searched the RPF and I know about the wallet that sctcarts makes, it is awesome but I am on a tight budget and would also rather do it myself.

If anyone has any info, tips or scans that might help please let me know.

Since I don't have a X-Files shelf or worthy collection pictures, I leave you with a picture of one of my favorite props that is somewhat X-Files like. I bought it around 1996-97ish from an ad in a magazine, possibly an x-files magazine or something similar. If anybody has any info on who made this I would be interested to know as well. It is one of my favorite pieces.

thanks!

20160117_211751.jpg

Attachments

• 20160117_211751.jpg
    20160117_211751.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Finally got my wallets and they were well worth the wait! VERY close to what I want them to be in the end.
I am waiting on the badges to come in and that is taking forever, Working on either finding better pictures of the badge photos or printing my photoshopped ones because the ones that came with the cards are a little off.
Pretty sure I will be printing new ID cards using a template that chris8997 shared with me so I can increase the size a little since the cards I have seem to be a bit small for the display window.
After all that all I have to do is find some leather that matches to stitch over the bottom part and attach the shield whenever it comes in.
Very excited!

20170424_200927.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back