Shia LaBeouf premier sells 1 ticket AND just got into a fight in a deli

Re: Shia LaBeouf premier sells 1 ticket

I understand the DDL comparo...but, when was the last time you heard about DDL? I mean, in public, making a fool of himself...lately?? Nope and for good reasons. He sure immerse himself in his various roles and does a great job at it...doesn't need to be an ass about it either. While I've seen Shia in many movies, I think is the kind of actor that believes that he has to "suffer" to feel his character's emotions (seems that he cut his cheek on purpose in "Fury" to better "represent his character on film). I call it BS, like singers telling people that they write their best songs when sad:rolleyes:behave...whatever!!

I like Shia. I don't care if I get crap, heh.

He was a kid actor in Hollywood who did the blockbuster thing, saw it wasn't for him (and WHY NOT?!? EVERYONE hate's the movies he was in... why can't he hate them as well?!)

So he's gone the artistic route. Some if it I've liked. Some if it is lame. But the point is, he's following the path he wants to take...

People were talking this way about Joaquin Phoenix when he was doing his out of left field artsy crap, and then made "The Master". Now he's golden again.

LA is SO FRIGGIN SHALLOW. I love it, but my god, it's insane there. To break out of that hollywood party mold and just try crap that makes you happy, or feel like you're accomplishing something on your own terms, is something I can get behind.

I Would rather see him doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZGAExj-es

Than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6L3Ef1JCC8

I don't think it's mental illness to want to express yourself through art... even if others think it's lame.

I haven't really looked into it, I do see a lot of hate for him on the net and TMZ. Last I saw of him was during the election, I forgot who he was supporting but he got arrested

Since I didn't really research it enough, and judging by what I am quickly read and heard I was figuring illness

I understand your statement, I'm an artist and many people I talk with think I'm nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's going to be box office poison for a long time at this point, one person said he's like Lindsey Lohan without the drugs. What bothers me, as with a lot of celebs, where are his friends and family? They see him doing stupid stuff and getting out of hand but nobody slaps him and tells him to get help. Coddling folks with issues is just as bad as enabling them directly.

I understand the DDL comparo...but, when was the last time you heard about DDL? I mean, in public, making a fool of himself...lately?? Nope and for good reasons. He sure immerse himself in his various roles and does a great job at it...doesn't need to be an ass about it either. While I've seen Shia in many movies, I think is the kind of actor that believes that he has to "suffer" to feel his character's emotions (seems that he cut his cheek on purpose in "Fury" to better "represent his character on film). I call it BS, like singers telling people that they write their best songs when sad:rolleyes:behave...whatever!!
I heard he also pulled a tooth out of his mouth and didn't bathe for weeks, much to the chagrin of his cast mates.

Yeah he uses that goof "method acting" stuff that's watered down acting since the 50s so to get in character he stank like a horse barn and did other stuff that freaked everyone out. Someone once told me that folks will only try to help you so long then give up because nobody likes banging their head on a brick wall. It sounds like he's built up one hell of a brick wall around himself when it comes to nearly everyone.

I think that people have a tendency to confuse "Method Acting" with "Real Life"...Lemme explain:rolleyes Lawrence Oliver on the set of "Marathon Man" to Dustin Hoffman ,who had to deliver his line out of breath...so Dustin ran around the set a few times and delivered his lines perfectly...to be told by Oliver: "Why don't you act ?"

Honestly the quality of acting before "the method" was invented was better, it seems faker now half the time. The Rock as Jack Burton doesn't surprise me he already replaced Joe Don Baker in Walking Tall.

Shia's problem is an old one its called being a child actor.
when your formative years are filled with everything you say being touted as gospel and every desire met immediately. Its hard to face reality later.
This problems arising with a lot of normal people lately a well.

Even those who live below the poverty line live like kings compared to our ancestors.

Hell is there anyone to broke to own a smartphone ?????

Weaponized autism strikes again
smiley_abused.gif
Shia needs to go away....permanently.:wacko

Some folks need to separate the art from the artist.
My ex-wife had a real problem with this. She had an obsession with actors and celebrities and loved to hear/read about their personal lives. (Though we haven't spoken in several years, I imagine TMZ is her favorite show). Problem is, it would bleed over into our lives. I was never allowed to watch certain movies with particular actors because of their personal lives. Can't see THAT movie, the lead actor beats his wife. Can't see that other movie because the lead actress cheated on her husband. As you can imagine it didn't take long before I was forbidden to see half of the movies that came out because the artists were d-bags in real life.

Again, separate the art from the artist.

I LIKE Shia LaBeouf. I think he's a fine actor. If he is in something I want to go see, I go see it. Is the guy odd offscreen? Sure but who cares? He's entitled to live his life any way he chooses so long as he's not hurting anyone. If the guy likes to stick lollipops up his bum while relaxing at home, more power to him. That doesn't mean I'll never see another of his movies.

With that, they guy does seem to be going out of his way to sabotage his own career. One of HIS favorite actors is Daniel Day Lewis and clearly emulates him. DDL is a great actor and often takes offbeat roles in non (intentional) blockbuster movies and goes to great lengths to sink his teeth and transform himself into his roles. This is what SL is attempting to do, star in offbeat, independent movies in hopes that people will see him as a "serious actor". Again, his life, his career, his choices.

If if he stars in something I want to see, I'll go see it.
Hopefully it won't suck [emoji38]
In my humble opinion...GRWAT way to say it all!!
I agree. :)

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back