Disney E-11 Blaster

Painted the resisters, the Metalmites, powers cylinders, started to fabricate the mounting bracket and got the smallest machine screws and nuts I could find.

Partial assembly. The paint chips so quickly on these tight fitting parts.

IMG_2739.jpg

Thanks to FISD and their information on real E-11 power cylinders.

No more fun can be had gluing your fingers together and going cross-eyed than making a set of power cylinders.....

.... except finding the proper original parts and soldering or micro welding everything together.

"These aren't the T-tracks you are looking for. He can go about his build. Move along."

Thanks for the compliment!

Also started reshaping the folding stock.

I tired and failed to make a template so measured and marked each individual location.
Drilled the rest of the holes minus the one for the scope rail. One hole chipped and one cracked.

I was annoyed that the new T-tracks were super glued on the blaster when sanding down the old T-tracks but was glad the reinforcement was there when drilling the holes.

Reinforced the inside where the folding stock detail was reshaped and built up the square tube to fill in the cut-out.

In honor of Mother's Day, yesterday, boiled T-track just like Mom used to make. These are not soft rubber but hard plastic rake tines.

The new holes are very weak structurally thanks to the grooved channel from the original rubber strip.
The front hole cracked under the flash guard when I used it to bend the new track in place. So I make a quick jig out of PVC to bend the track to shape without putting stress on the blaster.

All the tracks are shaped and fitted on the blaster.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back