Alien: Awakening (Prometheus / Covenant prequel-sequel)

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/alien-awakening-next-alien-movie-ridley-scott-1202011249/

Covenant spoilers:

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...st-four-more-alien-movies-in-the-works-752049

"There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien," he said.

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it be Prometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it between Prometheus and Covenant.

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

Waterston cut in again to stop Scott from spoiling any more information. "You're giving away too much!" she screamed. "But yes, there will be more after this. I think that was the question." To which Scott replied, "If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more."

While those answers all seemed like they came in pieces, what we got out of it was that there may be another Alien movie called Alien: Awakening, and it may either come after the events of Covenant or between Prometheus and Covenant. And that the next one would complete a trilogy, at which time Scott has another three Alien films in his mind.

Great....create a thoroughbred: Alien/Aliens....kill it (Alien 3) kill it again (Alien Resurrection)...then start flogging the dead horse (Prometheus) and now Covenant.

Covenant looks like some kind of mash up of all the drivel from killing the horse and flogging it.

And now another 3 more films before we come full circle??....I bet Scott still thinks he's creating art.

Maybe I'm wrong but history hardly shows that 6 - 10 movies can sustain interesting characters and premise. Often it's the people who have control and were original who lose their creative innovation.....George and Ridley probably have a club somewhere.:lol

I'm glad they at least got a chance to try and redeem what they botched with Prometheus.

However, I just don't see 4 more movies at this point beyond this one, especially if they keep rehashing the same tough woman survivor, devious android working for the company with crew fodder basic plot.

I`m assuming that`s the name of the ship coz that`s a thing now.

George owned the pink slip and Ridley is just the Director currently in favour with the studio, I think there`s much more to play out before we get someone in powers idea of a unified universe. James Cameron might want to throw his toys in the cot as well, I'm sure when he saw the Covenant poster it stirred some emotion.

Very much enjoyed Covenant but think this should wrap things up. Just not enough legs in it for any more and was hoping for more. Change it to the final part of a trilogy instead of a Covenant prequel.

If this gets off the ground and assuming Awakening is the name of the ship, will it be a military ship? At some point someone will realise the Covenant mission went egg shaped.:lol

Was hoping that the issue of the worlds foremost industrialist and his daughter going missing would have been addressed in Covenant as well.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back