Spider-Verse: Question on Darkening Blacks in a Dye Sub Suit, and Making Prop Webs

Stretch2643

So I took the plunge and ordered dye sub Spider Gwen suit (this print by Crazy Franky, assembled through Zentai Zone) and I seem to recall previously reading some tips on how to make black ink in a dye sub look more truly black by treating the back of the fabric with something, but I can't remember what and I can't find the original post that I'm thinking of. Does anyone have any experiencing darkening the colors on a spidey suit, and if so, what actions did you take? I'm primarily looking to cut down on the white streaks that seem to pop up when the fabric is flexed.

Also I'm looking for a good tutorial or material recommendation for making some prop webbing that can be rolled up easily in a backpack, something akin to the photos below. Anyone have any suggestions?

Spidey 1.jpgSpidey 2.jpg

Re: Spider-Verse: Question on Darkening Blacks in a Dye Sub Suit, and Making Prop Web

If I remember correctly the making of the black darker was simply him going over the weblines with a fine sharpie marker

Re: Spider-Verse: Question on Darkening Blacks in a Dye Sub Suit, and Making Prop Web

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=223336
i had a similar issue with my tasm2 from ZZ which was fading way too much.
i decide to flip the whole,suit inside out, bought some tulip fabric paint and with a simple small brush i did paint all inside the suit respecting the theme already printed on.
go to see my thread about it if it's not clear. I'm french so my english is not the best!
i still wear my suit after 4 years and there's no more fading. i had to redo my puffpaint job as well as it tends to crack with time.. but it's antoehr topic =)
Hope it helps!

IMG_7072.jpg

Thanks for all assistance guys. I took your advice on the plastic lacing and it worked great. I manage to put together a 6 foot long web "rope" with a magnet on one end, although the my husband and/or the photographer usually just held the end. It looked really phenomenal and held up great!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back