Build Thread: The Gareth Edwardsing of the Rebel Donut

chukzilla

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I was chugging along on the 5th Element police blaster and then Carrie Fisher's funeral happened.

For some reason I just felt compelled to knock this out.

IMG_2799.jpg

So I made baby's first solidworks model, I couldnt get the chamfer to look right.
So I dropped it into Pepakura Designer threw it into the laser and started bondoing.

Attachments

• garethstormtrooper.png
    garethstormtrooper.png
    654.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Re: Build Thread: The Rebel Donut

Beautiful!
On my bucket list as well.
Looking forward to seeing this completed.
Robert

garethstormtrooper.png

So after catching one of the behind the scenes snippets of Rogue One, I realized adding the sculpted vents isn't a brand new instinct.

I suppose making sanding sticks out of coffee stirrers because you got a little happy with the automotive filler primer isn't a new on either.

Had a serious rubber failure when I poured this mold. Something in the clay reacted to the Moldstar just like in my Magneto helmet. At this point, it could be contaminated clay or simply Modstar 30 just hates moisture with a passion. Have to re do it all anyway. Looking at the miscast piece, I found issues with the sculpt that I corrected.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back