MXC Helmets

Iakona

Question: Does anybody know the make/manufacture of the red/blue helmets seen in MXC: Most Extreme elimination Challenge/Takeshi's Castle? I know they're Japanese, but when I search Japanese helmets all I get is Shoei. Thanks

JxHfdaC.jpg

qzuFKov.jpg

Last edited:
Re: MXC Helmets?

They look very much like older-style ice hockey helmets. There are visible snaps for visors or face shields. Perhaps that could help you narrow your search.

They look very much like older-style ice hockey helmets. There are visible snaps for visors or face shields. Perhaps that could help you narrow your search.

Nope, nothing. I think the "snaps" you see are the bolts that hold the chinstraps in place. On another board someone said that helmets said "Snow Cap," but I think he may be wrong on that. There was an episode I saw recently, specifically MXC season 2, episode 13, where a helmet had a logo on the front of it. Don't know if the logo was for the company that made the helmet, or if it could be a sticker for the ski resort they filmed at.

Capture.PNG

Yes, I can see in your new picture that what I thought to be snaps do line up with anchor points for the chinstrap. It was the pronounced brow guard that suggested that these were hockey helmets. If I was to guess I would say that climbing helmets would be appropriate choices for the types of activities presented in MXC but I've never seen any with the pronounced foreheads. Good luck with your search.

I found them. They are "Sports Cap" helmets made by Kunoh Ltd. They come in blue, light blue, white, red, and yellow. They seem to be based on the Cooper SK line of helmets.

hGGjN6W.jpg

8zT7qEy.jpg

b7FFwRH.jpg

iutBcQc.jpg

Pxsd9BF.jpg

LdTk9jL.jpg

The only problem now is buying one. The only places that seem to carry these are rental sites. Also, the company that made these apparently went out of business in 2004: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/クノー工業

I'm not literate in Japanese, and unless I go to Japan in person, getting one of these helmets is near to impossible.

Look at what I got on eBay!:

ReAK7E9l.jpg

It's it good condition and it's one-size-fits-all. However, it's missing the white chin guard/cup.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back