Best places to buy models

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted to open this thread as an open category question: where are your favorite places to buy kits? You can answer it as "Best prices", "Best customer service", "Best selection", whatever!

I prefer to buy them from an actual store when possible.

So Hobby Town USA, Hobby Lobby or Michael's (the latter two are good for new released Revell stuff and now Bandai stuff even, especially with a 40% coupon)

For online..

Amazon simply because the shipping price is usually built in and/or free. Plus I can buy gift cards and upload stuff, or ask for gift cards for those gift giving occasions like my birthday or christmas. I don't have to be stuck using credit

Also you can always use a price tracker to make sure your not overpaying for stuff like this https://camelcamelcamel.com/

My other favorites are the Starship Modeler Store and Hobby Link Japan

One of the places I get model kits is Michaels, which is a craft / hobby / art supplies store. There is a store five minutes drive from my house. They also have an on line store as well. The great thing about Michaels is they have fantastic coupon deals. For example, as of today 3/29/2017, they are running a coupon for 60% off any one regularly priced item! I buy paint, paint thinner, brushes and all kinds of modeling stuff from them. If there is one in your neighborhood check it out. You won't be disappointed. Don't forget the coupons!

You might also check out the IPMS website to see if there are any model show / swaps coming up in your neighborhood. Best place to purchase kits in my opinion.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back