Harry Potter Wand differences!?

Heyjude7

Visiting London and went to Warner Bros studio Harry Potter for and noticed the wands were different from the wand my wife bought me many years ago from noble collection. I have the Harry and dumbledore Wand and the new ones look bulkier and more resin-y. Any one know or have information about this ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The light up ones are a little 'bulkier'. But I have noticed depending on the makers of the wands there tends to be a slight colour variance but I can't say I've noticed to much difference, I have a few from the WB store at the Harry Potter Tour London also. I have voldemorts and the elder wand from there, but they certainly are not bulky or 'resiny' a photo comparison would probably make it easier to compare.

I ended up buying a Newt Scamander Wand !
The ones I saw weren't the light up ones.

They weren't super bulky but to me noticeably different. The one I have at home is more "wood" looking then the studio ones for sale.

I will post pics of mine when I get home tomorrow. Maybe others can post pics of theirs too. I got
Mine the first year they came out on noble collection

c687911a3593ceaf5c385c376303cda4.jpg

The elder wands look the same but the Harry wands are diff. My wife, who laughs at my obsession for detail, even noticed the difference.
I think they are making them bulkier now for durability. If the ones on the back stage tour look thinner then the noble ones

Hmmm I'll be going back there in a few months I'll have a look, can't understand why they would do it.

Maybe to make them more durable for kids.

Possibly but inside the boxes of mine they have a small removable tag that says 'fragile collectable wand' so with that in mind I would say that it's not made for kids. However I have to add the ones I have are not in the ollivanders boxes I have the other ones in plain black boxes. Don't know if that makes any difference? [emoji848]

The descriptions on the website have become very cut and paste, but when they first came out Noble Collection used to have a lot to say about them, including a warning that while the wands are fun to hold and handle, they are not toys and will break if they are handled too harshly.

I agree with you CT1138, the light brown IS better than that yellowish color. Maybe it was the lighting messing with the picture?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

46961a708a9ac7d33c3ef7c2981c2620.jpg

The light brown here is a custom wooden wand. I made it to replicate Harry's first Wand from philosophers stone/chamber of secrets.
It needs to be darker so a few more coats of oil will do

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back