Death Star style light up display for Han in Carbonite, astromech, mannequin etc

neat! do you think an R2 could fit onto this with enough space on the sides?
(i know you say it on the title but just wanted to make sure as i have only seen your hic displayed on it lol)

I'll need to actually measure an r2 with legs down and everything to be sure. But I'll make sure it fits before selling them

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I can send you whatever measurements if you want. I have a club spec R2.

the total width of him from outer foot shell to outer foot shell is 28.25 inches
Total depth from the back of his back feet to the front tip of his center foot is 26.5 inches.

If you need any additional measurements, let me know.

Some guys on the R2 builders club made these awesome pedestals for Celebration to display members' R2. Very similar design but made for a three-legged R2 with space for the feet so that they wouldn't roll into a slot in the floor.

SWCO-R2Builders-02.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 5'x12' CNC router.

Can you also give me the dimensions of a r2 foot?

I don't remember how long the strip I had on hand was. Prob 6? Or 9?

I don't have to change much.... I can't wait til I get this painted and lit up!
4aabd4301c48facc181491523f1bbab6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wow! This is just so fantastic, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlier! zenix , do you have a link to where you got that dark steal spray paint?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty dormant for a while. I'm glad to be able to make these for people now!

Rustoleum Dark Steel from Home Depot

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back