My Bandai Falcon

Darth Penguin

Hi All
Here are some shots of my 1/144 Falcon. It is a wonderful little kit!!
Hope you all enjoy.
IMG_4120.JPGIMG_4130.JPGIMG_4129.JPGIMG_4128.JPGIMG_4127.JPGIMG_4124.JPGIMG_4123.JPGIMG_4122.JPGIMG_4121.JPGIMG_4131.JPG

Very nicely done!

Why multiple wires running down the stand? Are the lights controllable separately?

Hi all
thanks for the nice comments.
The lighting is controlled separately, so the running lights, engine and cockpit lights all come on separately.
The base was the original one from the kit, but I glued 20mm of styrene onto the sides to raise it up and allow room for the switches and wiring.
I will take some pics of the inside and the wiring and post them up.
Cheers again

Here are some pics of the base and the inside. It looks a bit messy in there with all the fibre optics, but worth the effort.
I also use LED lights but I make sure that I use a slightly higher protection resistor than calculated. I think this helps with the scale light level, it is not super bright which I think is a bit of an issue with some LEDs. So if I calculate I need a 3330R i might use a 390R to dull it down a bit.
Hope that makes sense.
IMG_4139.JPGIMG_4138.JPGIMG_4137.JPGIMG_4135.JPGIMG_4136.JPG

Wow! Love what you did with the base and the switches![emoji1303]
I want my Falcon to run on batteries so I can move it around, so still wondering where to hide some small switches, as well as get the battery in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom panel at the back is removable for a 9V battery but it would be a tight squeeze I think, Especially if your wiring is as messy as mine!!

I also use LED lights but I make sure that I use a slightly higher protection resistor than calculated. I think this helps with the scale light level, it is not super bright which I think is a bit of an issue with some LEDs.

I try to do the same as I find many people's cockpits to be overlit. I guess thats because they're replicating the filming props/studio scale and I usually make a miniature version of the in-universe space ship instead (boy, I'm not great at explaining things)

- - - Updated - - -

The base looks great by the way!

Hi Woobit
What you say makes sense. An LED in a studio scale model giving out a certain amount of light needs to be reduced for a scale model otherwise it will appear to bright. I think between us we might have got the point across!!

I actually got my wife to make it for me, she is a bit of an expert on Illustrator. I downloaded one of the Star Wars fonts and let her go to work on it. Printed it off at photo quality and carefully glued it on.
Cheers for the nice comments!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back