MPP on the Bay

Fusion

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just missed this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MPP...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Was interested in knowing what people thought about it, as this is the first one of these I've ever seen come up for sale. (He's young, and has much to learn...)
Had this come direct from an RPF member, I would have been more trusting (foolish) and possibly invested (blown) the family vacation.

"You paid WHAT!?"

It looked real to me from the pics, if a little too good to be true here and there. But wow, that's money for an old flash handle, my friends. Came up a few dollars short in the ensuing snipe fest at the end there. So, should laugh or should I cry? Just which 'R' should I feel more of right now? :)

I'm sure it was real. I've owned 3 MPPs over the years. Never paid more than $500 for one.

I'm sure it was real. I've owned 3 MPPs over the years. Never paid more than $500 for one.

Can you teach me how to do that, Master? Because, I fear the other way - it is too dark, and expensive. :-$

Thinking the R I'm feeling most now is relief. I mean, it wasn't even the correct shroud, right? I'll though i'm not sure how much that should matter, given the choices we have before us.

Sure got me thinking about Vaders now. I had managed to stay focused on other impossible but even more engaging things while glancing furtively at the one I figured I never be able to build vintage anyway.

From 1200 to 1400 and now 1750 dollars for a flashgun with WRONG shroud, I don't know the vzalue for one with right shroud...
I have been really stupid to sell my wrong ones for a 200-300$ range...

Okay. I'm definitely feeling the Relief 'R'. Having never seen one of these change hands, it's impossible to know what the market is. Was I missing the opportunity of a lifetime because my idea of value is too out of whack on the low side? I'm thankful for the reality check.

I will say, nothing brings higher money than e-bay. It seems to be that way with practically anything listed on there.

In the meantime, if anyone can point me in the direction of the World where the correct ones are going for less than half that price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 1200 to 1400 and now 1750 dollars for a flashgun with WRONG shroud, I don't know the vzalue for one with right shroud...
I have been really stupid to sell my wrong ones for a 200-300$ range...

Yeah, I feel your pain on steroids. Been kicking myself for years now at all the useless junk tube amps I tossed in the dumpster decades ago; could have funded a comfortable retirement on the French Riviera with the bloody things now...

Yeah that was a real MPP. I had bid on it originally when it was part of a whole MPP camera kit. I was the only bidder, and the seller cancelled the auction with 3 days left to go just so he could pull the flash and sell it direct to the last seller instead of through eBay.

I challenged the original seller's integrity (he had none) and called a play-by-play to him explaining exactly what he was doing and that it was against eBay policies. I then further proceeded to hound and harshly lambast the seller. Once the Flash had been posted on eBay by the second seller I made sure to notify the original seller of the new auction so that he could see how much money he was losing out on.

It was a lose-lose for everybody.

Ahhh... of course. This guy.

I used to follow him on ebay, but damn... what he wants for his stuff is insane.

What a cluster...! Don't truly understand how the seller thought that made any sense. Just super thankful I didn't end up taking a big splinter of shrapnel over that one.

I used to follow him on ebay, but damn... what he wants for his stuff is insane.

That's actually how I stumbled onto the thing in the first place. I was scrolling down a Star Wars search in order of most expensive to least while counting sheep and after getting past the highly irritating listings for $250,000 owners manuals, and .99 action figures with $25,000 shipping costs, I eventually stumbled across his listing.

None of that was conducive to sleep, I must say, so I might refrain from doing that ever again.

Okay. I'm definitely feeling the Relief 'R'. Having never seen one of these change hands, it's impossible to know what the market is. Was I missing the opportunity of a lifetime because my idea of value is too out of whack on the low side? I'm thankful for the reality check.

I will say, nothing brings higher money than e-bay. It seems to be that way with practically anything listed on there.

In the meantime, if anyone can point me in the direction of the World where the correct ones are going for less than half that price...

Let's put it this way... I paid roughly $375 US for one a couple of months ago - about $450 after shipping and duty - and there were those in the peanut gallery on here complaining I paid too much...

Yeah... as Han once famously said... he's in it for the money....

He was jacking up prices on Graflex's on the Bay long before it was fashionable...

The guy currently selling the flash is not the seller that pulled the flash from the original camera kit auction, just to clarify. I have no ill feelings toward the current/most recent seller. He only did what I should have done. I can post the blue correspondence between myself and the original kit seller, but honestly, I went a little overboard on him, mostly in the sheer volume of messages I sent to him, and it'll probably just reveal me for the A-hole that I am at times:/

Let's put it this way... I paid roughly $375 US for one a couple of months ago - about $450 after shipping and duty - and there were those in the peanut gallery on here complaining I paid too much...

Yeah... as Han once famously said... he's in it for the money....

He was jacking up prices on Graflex's on the Bay long before it was fashionable...

$375? That's a bargain. People thought that was too much? LOL! Nice score man.

Can you teach me how to do that, Master? Because, I fear the other way - it is too dark, and expensive. :-$

All of the MPPs that I've owned were purchased right here on the RPF. You just have to be patient and a little lucky.

Mostly lucky.

All of the MPPs that I've owned were purchased right here on the RPF. You just have to be patient and a little lucky.

Mostly lucky.

Yeah, I seem to have a deficiency in the luck department . Although, it did happen once. :)

I do find the Junkyard useful for telling me what it was I just missed out on... Now, if I could find a way to check it every 5 minutes 24/7 without ending up unemployed...

There was a Heiland up for auction last night with the double step emitter and a round knurled endcap.

I was totally set to get a little stupid on it as it was "near-enough" to a Darth Vader for me... and then I sat down to watch T.V. ... and remembered the auction 2 hours after it ended. :(

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back