OT Tie Pilot and AT-AT Driver Helmets (finished!)

Deetz

I originally had ordered myself the OT Tie pilot helmet from Anovos...and waited and waited. So I decided to see if I could make one for me and my brother. Learn how to mould and cast items in the process. The original was 3d printed and assembled using PLA filament. The size is also a bit smaller, the wobble head look I did not like. Not entirely screen accurate to a purist but these will look quite nice in my now increasing display of helmets. :) Thanks for looking!

at_at_helmet_02.jpgat_at_helmet_01.jpgat_at_helmet_03.jpgtie_pilot06.jpgtie_pilot07.jpgtie_pilot08.jpgtie_pilot09.jpg

Those look incredible! I've been wanting do something similar for quite some time. Are the 3d files you used available? I literally just downloaded a file from thingiverse last night with the vague intent on printing a full sizer. Very cool!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone :)

Still not happy with the pics of the AT-AT, the lighting makes it look too brown, pfft. I need better lighting.

To answer the question regarding 3D print files: I created the mesh myself, not the best 3D model in terms of a singular mesh, it's quite a hatchet job, but I just wanted something that would print.

Here are some renders, how I sliced it up to print, the first casts and some priming happening.

Building a vacuum forming table should be next to get more accurate lenses.

Tie_helmet_render01.jpgTie_helmet_render02.jpgTie_helmet_render03.jpgTie_helmet_sliced01.jpgtie_pilot_02.jpgtie_pilot_05.jpgtie_pilot01.jpg

Impressive! The brow somehow looks a bit off where it meets the faceplate, but overall the look is definitely there, and the craftsmanship is outstanding!

Thanks, Pedro and Matty :)

Yeah the Brow needed to be less in width, an oversight that is more of a problem with the AT-AT helmet and the grey tube.

Wow, super impressive work on the modeling. Do you make the files available anywhere? I'd love to try them out on my printer at home if they are

Deetz - did you painted the TIE helmets with gloss/semi-gloss/satin black?

thx :)

The helmets are painted gloss black, wet sanded with 2000 grit sandpaper and clear coated using Endura paint.

Wow, super impressive work on the modeling. Do you make the files available anywhere? I'd love to try them out on my printer at home if they are

Thanks, Station :) I haven't made the files for printing available because of the hatchet job of the model, there are a lot of pieces that aren't connected properly to make a nice print. However, I can send you the files if you want but that's as far as I go. Basically good luck to you :eek

Thanks, Station :) I haven't made the files for printing available because of the hatchet job of the model, there are a lot of pieces that aren't connected properly to make a nice print. However, I can send you the files if you want but that's as far as I go. Basically good luck to you :eek

Absolutely!

Thank you jkno

Nice collection, by the way, I'm also working on building my collection of imperial helmets.:)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back