Space 1999 Moon Buggy

Not exactly the right shape, but close.

52c01e9ac40584b8b14640ca5d0eda04.jpg

Good luck.

TazMan2000

Thanks. Yes, they look to be fun vehicles. A bit of progress. I have removed all the labels and given it a good clean. I cut the headlamps off and patched the holes as best I could (this plastic doesn't really play the game). The control levers are made from pieces of the towing bracket that it had, the rear seat pad from balsa and plasticard. I used bits from my spares box to make the mirrors. Getting there.

I've done the panels now. However, progress will slow a lot now as I'm waiting for parts. I want to make the headlights work and, of course, I need another set of wheels.
Anyway, Sindy has said that she has no interest in driving off-world vehicles, so I have drafted in this rugged looking fellow.

I have purchased another one just to get the wheels, so it is up to the required total now. Insulation tape provides the stripes around the edge and a couple of bright leds make the headlights (with a switch on the dashboard). Quick bit of weathering and that's all I can do with the toy car, time to move on to the driver.

Looking good...maybe a mat paint for the tyres would be getting closer to the original. Keep up the great work!

Thanks. You may be right about the tyres but they're the wrong shape anyway. It is a tricky balance here between making a moon buggy model and a moon buggy toy. I'm probably overthinking it. There'll be less thinking involved once Action Man gets behind the wheel!

He won't need boots as you won't see his lower half inside the moon buggy. Besides, he's tough enough to cope without them!

Very nice...the dio seem a bit "naked". I say that because, in the past, your pics looked like it was taken from the movies themselves;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back