Gemini Space Suit

N3rdyboy

I know I'm not completely done with my mercury era suit, but I want to get ready for another project and I figure a more accurate (than my Mercury suit) Gemini space suit would be cool, especially since my grandfather on my dad's side picked up Gemini 5 when he was in the navy. My goal is to try and be as accurate as possible while making a generic G4C suit. So far, I have not found any replica of a Gemini space suit, so on my brother's school trip to DC, I have recruited him to take pictures for me, when I get those those will be posted here. I also have recived a whole set of Gemini mission patches. That gives me a little push to do this too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
I can help with this one...I have been doing a lot of research on exactly this suit and gemini helmets...as i pull some useable stuff together i will post...for example, i just put together a rough "measured" views document and will upload hopefully later today...

I can help with this one...I have been doing a lot of research on exactly this suit and gemini helmets...as i pull some useable stuff together i will post...for example, i just put together a rough "measured" views document and will upload hopefully later today...
Wow! Great! Do you already have a thread on your suit? If so definetly let me know! So far I've only looked at enough pictures to get a basic idea of the suit pattern along with the helmet styling.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHere's a few pictures I'm using for reference, hopefully this weekend I'll put up my basic overview of the different peices. Right now I'm only going to focus on the suit and deal with the "hard parts" (helmet, neck ring, Ect.) later

While doing some research ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2bMUNyLNMU ), I was beginning to wonder how thick I want the suit. Depending on how thick the outer fabric may be, I may want to have maybe a flannel or felt on the inside. The suit I plan on having it look depressurized, though I might look into some ways of making it look pressurized, Kinda like Ryan's suit here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLPUpsd58nQ . Though I probably wont do the padding all on the inside.

So I went window shopping for the suit fabric, it'll probably be July before I start actually working on the suit. Here's what I've found.IMG_0036.JPGIMG_0037.JPGIMG_0038.JPGIMG_0040.JPGIMG_0044.JPGIMG_0045.JPGThe heavier blue I'm thinking might make a good lining, also making the suit appear heavier

Attachments

• IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    670.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    813.5 KB · Views: 226
So I went window shopping for the suit fabric, it'll probably be July before I start actually working on the suit. Here's what I've found.View attachment 731355View attachment 731356View attachment 731357View attachment 731359View attachment 731360View attachment 731361The heavier blue I'm thinking might make a good lining, also making the suit appear heavier
Hi N3rdyboy! I realize it has been 3 years since Your last post on this subject, but since I am starting to work on the "Johnny and Jane Apollo" spacesuits, I'm VERY interested on how You did Your Gemini spacesuit. Johnny and Jane were 7" action figures by Marx from the late 60s-early 70s. Their suits were slightly simplified G4C Gemini suits. In the original issues, Johnny was in a white suit and Jane was in a light medium blue suit. I'm planning on using double, (and in some areas, triple) thicknesses. I've found a terrific Space Helmet at a Halloween store and bought 2 of them for Ladyu J and I. What I really would like to know is : A) what did You use for the hose connectors, glove rings, and the helmet ring? I will appreciate any help that You might be able to give me. Thanks in advance and Cheers! Larry

Hi N3rdyboy! I realize it has been 3 years since Your last post on this subject, but since I am starting to work on the "Johnny and Jane Apollo" spacesuits, I'm VERY interested on how You did Your Gemini spacesuit. Johnny and Jane were 7" action figures by Marx from the late 60s-early 70s. Their suits were slightly simplified G4C Gemini suits. In the original issues, Johnny was in a white suit and Jane was in a light medium blue suit. I'm planning on using double, (and in some areas, triple) thicknesses. I've found a terrific Space Helmet at a Halloween store and bought 2 of them for Ladyu J and I. What I really would like to know is : A) what did You use for the hose connectors, glove rings, and the helmet ring? I will appreciate any help that You might be able to give me. Thanks in advance and Cheers! Larry
I had to put a hold on the project due to college unfortunately. I intend to cast the pieces in resin, as to the other specifics, since I haven't really gotten any more work done on it yet, I can't really help. I hope to see your project turn out well!

Boy do I understandlife getting in the way of Costuming! It almost makes me wish I could start back up my costume business, but certain health problems keep me from doing things as quick as I once could. I hope to see Your project turn out well as well! Cheers!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back