BSG Cockpit project

forttusken

A little project I am working on. Here is a teaser pic. IMG_8777.JPG

I started with the seat and a bunch of scrap plywood from other projects since I had it and then looked to eBay for the rest. I have to say this has been much easier than any Star Wars project as far as being able to find the parts.

The plan id to make a full simulator setup (not motion) with just the cockpit section at about five feet long including the outside fuselage.

Let me know what you think. So I haven't found anyone else doing this project, just the teens who build a full motion sim and used the Diaspora BSG simulator for the software which I also plan to use. IMG_8776.JPG

Galactiguise.com has been a huge help and was inspired by the Parts of Star Wars site.

IMG_9275.jpgIMG_9277.jpgIMG_9279.jpg
A few more teaser pics. Got my paint finalized on a few parts. Yes MK2. I have the whole thing on a wheeled platform. When complete it will come apart in 3 large parts for transport or storage. I am still figuring out some of the structure but I think it will be mostly plywood with some steel brackets. I have a flatscreen TV for the main display and looking for a 15" touchscreen and the Marshall 7" monitor. Once the structure is done, I'll start wiring things up.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back