The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! (Studio 49)

Studio 49

Sr Member
Well it's been a long time coming but I finally found time to 3D Model a replica of something that's been on the wish list for a very long time... the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch as seen in Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

The plan is when my schedule with Formal Studies clears up to do a small run of kits so let me know if you're keen ;)

Until then I'm going to document my build here, the dream end goal is to add in sound effects so that when you pull the pin the final part of Arthur's count down plays, proceeded by the "Heavenly" music as it's thrown and then of course the explosion ;)

Start rehearsing those count downs guys :p
"Right. One... two... five!"

1A_zps3pvqqv6q.png

1B_zpsgkbyziin.png

1C_zpsohal5exu.png

1D_zpsz04tywlw.png

1E_zps2ediwf1g.png

Attachments

• 1A_zps3pvqqv6q.png
    1A_zps3pvqqv6q.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 1B_zpsgkbyziin.png
    1B_zpsgkbyziin.png
    253 KB · Views: 181
  • 1C_zpsohal5exu.png
    1C_zpsohal5exu.png
    259 KB · Views: 154
  • 1D_zpsz04tywlw.png
    1D_zpsz04tywlw.png
    418.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 1E_zps2ediwf1g.png
    1E_zps2ediwf1g.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha thanks fellas! I knew it was only a matter of time before the quotes started rolling in ;)

This looks like it shall snuff it quite righteously.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

Last edited by a moderator:
First prototype printed!

I've identified any the kinks and fixed them up for the final model so now it's time to print my personal one. The new one after this will have embedded tabs for gluing magnets for having the two halves be removable so I can get to the electronics when ever I need too

2A_zpshda9fjpq.jpg

2B_zpsde5mb5ix.jpg

2C_zpsf7def386.jpg

2D_zpsl3oekize.jpg

2E_zpsjapsosc3.jpg

2F_zpskgxsknrk.jpg

2G_zpswwxomsso.jpg

2H_zpsyfjhcemu.jpg

2I_zpsaavlolkx.jpg

2J_zpsnupjckkf.jpg

Man that looks awesome. Its funny seeing this as i just 3 D modeled this the other day. I was trying to figure out if the Pearls would print out right but after looking at yours i guess they will. If you don't mind me asking what kind of printer did you use ?

I was really keen to see just how far I could push my printer so I figure why not have a crack and it came out really nice!
So for those wondering this was printed on the finest settings my printer has to work with (layer height of 0.15mm and speed set to "fine")

As for the printer I'm using the UP Mini 2, they're an Australian Company and I cannot praise their printers enough!
http://3dprintingsystems.com/up-3d-printer/up-mini-3d-printer-2/

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back