Commercials - just stop!

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Crest with your girls with perfect white teeth and then one little whiny girl says "OMG my teeth are hideous and yellow!". Show me a person with yellow teeth that this fixes.

Dr. Pepper, your commercials are awful and not funny. I want to punt Little Sweet across the room and that wave rider guy spraying Dr. Pepper waves is just dumb. Don't try to be Geico, you're not funny.

My mute button gets used for a lot of commercials that irritate me. Jan from Toyota isn't favorite, with her Joker "Smilex" grin, but I can put up with the commercials to a degree. The one with Chrissy Pugface Tiegen saying "beeYOOteeful" makes me retch, since I can't stand her anyway.

Last edited:
Get people to watch our ads......CHECK
Get people to think about our ads......CHECK
Get people to discuss our ads on a global platform (internet, forums etc).....CHECK

Ads suck, our ads are terrible and yet here you are discussing our product........Mission Accomplished.....Thank you very much;)

Empires are built on terrible advertising....AND also dubious and potentially dangerous products.

I'd give anything for commercials to be the way they were 30 years or more ago. Back then they were fast and interesting with personality. Now they're mass produced cookie cutter crap that makes me not want to buy anything.

Humira
Opdivo
Prevnar 13
Taltz
Otezla
Lipitor
Brilinta
Entresto
Restasis
Toujeo
Zarelto
Harvoni
Lyrica
Chantix
Latuda
Keytruda
Eliquis

EVERY. TEN. MINUTES.

ALL DAY.

Car commercials; particularly the ones that show someone driving it, and that's all they do.

Nothing about zero to sixty in 6.2 seconds, nothing about horsepower, nothing about gear ratios, nothing about the rich Corinthian leather...

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Bupkis.

Just some actor driving his Lincoln MKZ across a beach at low tide backwards. Yeah, that's gonna inspire me to drop 60 Large on your damned car.

I've developed a mental blocker for commercials over the years. I don't watch them most of the time. But, when I do, I just disconnect. I can't tell you a commercial for anything that I remember seeing in recent memory. They're just noise.

Having kids makes it impossible to tune into the shows I love watching as they air because they are highly graphic and language ridden, hahah! So when I watch shows like Walking Dead around midnight I can happily skip right past the commercials on my DVR.

Though sometimes it's not the commercials I curse at, but Xfinity's crap DVR glitches that happen from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Humira
Opdivo
Prevnar 13
Taltz
Otezla
Lipitor
Brilinta
Entresto
Restasis
Toujeo
Zarelto
Harvoni
Lyrica
Chantix
Latuda
Keytruda
Eliquis

EVERY. TEN. MINUTES.

ALL DAY.

The day I go to my doctor, he prescribes something and I say 'you know, i saw this on tv what this' and he says 'yeah you're right lets go with that', is the day I change doctors.

And don't forget, the cost of the ad goes 100% into the cost of the drug. Most of the ad dollars around the world for drugs goes in the US drug price, too.

I don't have TV, and on my weekly jaunt to my buddy's house to endure the Walking Dead I almost go mad with rage at how ****ing stupid the commercials are. Not having had TV for about half my life, it's always been this way for me when I see commercials, and many programs. Inane beyond belief. I guess if your tube's always on you get used to it, but it's an easy pass for me. I don't need to be bombarded with stupidity any more often than my day absolutely requires.

I tried the Fox app on Apple TV to watch the last season ofArcher, but after the 20th or 30th run through the same minivan ad, I gave up. I mean, if they couldn't give me variety, couldn't they show the same one less? It seriously turned me off the product. I was angry at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Medicine commercials where the side effects are just so crazy, then edit out the pause and person breathing, so its just a mess up random mumble. Like you can even tell what there saying.....although usually suicide is one of the side effects.
Get tired of all that.

Remember back in the day when there weren't commercials for meds and hygiene things you shouldn't talk about in public on every 5 minutes? I remember some in the 80s but it wasn't like it is now, nothing's taboo when it should be.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back