New EFX star wars exclusive for Celebration Orlando

This is scary, for eFX. To me, it shows how unhealthy they are as a business. What happened to the SS's? THAT would have been a "new line" for them. What happened to the lightsabers? That would have been a "new line". What happened to the busts? What happened to the TK Armor?
All of those "new lines" take R&D & money to bring to market. I think this, a re-painted - already developed - PCR helmet, shows they have neither.

sad thing is that they will sell out for sure. Ever since the force awakens there have been many fans getting into the high end star wars collecting community and like many when first starting out they will buy almost anything that looks cool, has the word "exclusive" and limited to a low number so hopefully they can use the almost $250K they will get from these helmets to fulfill their orders.

I have to say that was definitely a huge letdown, their announcement made it seem like it was going to be a revolutionary new line to get excited about... not just a chrome version of a cheap helmet. Some people like variations just for the sake of it, i just dont understand having something random just for the sake of "its rare and worth a lot." This exclusive choice just seems like a huge missed opportunity for EFX to release a really cool, unique product.

seems like variation trooper helmets are a "thing" now, anovos just jumped on the wagon themselves, they just announced their variation exclusive trooper bucket, limited to 300 and not to mention that there are still people waiting for their regular TK buckets. Oh what are these star wars companies doing now in days?

Can't finish the scout trooper helmets. I guess too busy chroming inaccurate stormtrooper helmets? Boy am I glad it wasn't something cool :lol

seems like variation trooper helmets are a "thing" now, anovos just jumped on the wagon themselves, they just announced their variation exclusive trooper bucket, limited to 300 and not to mention that there are still people waiting for their regular TK buckets. Oh what are these star wars companies doing now in days?

Did you mean efx?

sadly no, Anovos just posted via social media their "commander" trooper buck being an exclusive for wondercon, limited to 300 pcs. A trooper bucket that is simply painted, a trooper bucket that many have yet to receive but they clearly have time to paint them sell them as an "exclusive"

Did you mean efx?

giphy.gif

The chrome is dumb, but I'm more astounded at the price. I got one of these when MR was producing them and I think is was like $75 shipped or something. I know that was almost ten years ago and material costs go up but this is ridiculous. Blatant ripoff. If this was a nice fiberglass helmet or something it would be a different story.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back