San Diego Comic Con 2017

Didn't get mine but thankfully I know people... ;)

Speaking of which, Last year I got my preferred day to go through someone at work who was kind who knew someone.
Well, I was stunned, stunned I say how many people were in that preferred guest registration room or whatever it
was called. There is clearly a HUGE amount of people getting in through the backdoor so to speak because there appears
to be a lot of people that have them to hand out.

Last edited:
Managed to score 4 days in Open Registration. Was worried I wasn't going to make it this year since a change in job functions made me ineligible for a press pass.

I started going to SDCC in 2005 and went straight to 2013, skipped 2014 and went again 2015 and 2016. My brother gets a professional badge and used to be able to get me one too for free, but not anymore. I've said it before; I think I have a nice solution to the limited space in SD. Here's what they should do, have Wondercon in SD so SD still gets people attending (not as many as the Comic Con, but a good, growing size) and that should appease the city of SD. Then move the Comic Con to the Los Angeles convention center where it's closer to the studios and has more space/hotels. Just a thought.

Somehow got Sunday only tickets after 3 previous years of getting nothing. Excited for my first time seeing it all, and just excited for a mini trip. Hoping it'll give me a better shot at a longer con weekend in 2018.

Somehow got Sunday only tickets after 3 previous years of getting nothing. Excited for my first time seeing it all, and just excited for a mini trip. Hoping it'll give me a better shot at a longer con weekend in 2018.

Yeah, it totally will. You'll get to be in the pre-reg lottery, and then get a second chance for other tickets during open reg. And I still suggest if you can get the hotel or a further away hotel + close parking, the entire area surrounding the convention center is still a fun trip with all the offsite events that are going on.

Never understood why people pay 250+ a night to be in a hotel for SDCC. Booked an AirBnB with some friends and we each only have to pay 20 bucks a day.

As someone who buys lots of things and sometimes needs to change in/out of costume mid-day, I will pay more for the luxury of being close by. Tried it before with a shuttle, and sometimes a giant box isn't the best thing to try to lug around. That and being able to change into plain clothes, 2nd costume, or just to say screw it all and relax in the pool, I prefer being closer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back