Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

In my video where I talk about the dye? Absolutely and that set had been treated previously with a water based mix of a powered dye.

Here is an example of UV stable against non UV stable products captured just now in the shade. The Star Wars action figure stands at the front of the frame are all about the same age, between 6 and 12 months. I was testing different products here. None of the parts have ever been exposed to direct sunlight, yet look how yellow the non UV stuff has gone.

And yes, that's a set of prototype V3 soles in back of the shot.
58f9dbfea658cb0ff928ab39308b03c2.jpg

Not sure if this is available where you live, but I am liking this stuff called RE-ALIGN.

Thanks for the tip, I found some in my (relatively) local A-Mart Allsports and coated a pair of Roshe's as a test. The water just beaded off them too like your second video, so coated my GF's brand new suede boots and the V3's. Drying now before another coat. :)

I am on to my 2nd can. I have coated both pair of MAGs and my other new Nike Air shoes. Tonight I spilled beetroot juice on one of the shoes and it just wiped off clean. Pretty happy with this stuff

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3 questions.
Is this the same pair?

Is there a photo of the shoes from side lit up so we can see the LEDs?

And what is that?
It does not look like it is on the fabric.

Those soles do look pretty good.

8a3db547ea65a0ee14ebde15635345a1.jpg

I would suggest these are the new version. If these had the older leds, there would be a heap of orange light at the sides.

What's the average time that it took everyone to get their mags, from time of agreement on QC pics and shipping to the time they arrive? I'm in the US near Chicago. I actually ordered them on 3/31, and I believe they got shipped either 4/26 or 4/27.

Not sure. My first pair was about 14 days shipping. I think from payment to qc was about a week.

2nd set was about total of 2 weeks. Shipping was just 6 days.

Both sets were bought November and December last year.

Not sure. My first pair was about 14 days shipping. I think from payment to qc was about a week.

2nd set was about total of 2 weeks. Shipping was just 6 days.

Both sets were bought November and December last year.

Cool, thanks. Hopefully they don't take too long to get here.

If anyone gets sea glow on there v3s dish soap takes out the stain pretty well. I took my v3s to the dry cleaners originally to get them cleaned after I had stained them. When I went to pick them up the guy said his son had told him they were thousands of dollars and he was scared to to work on them. I tried to explain they were replicas but he still didn't want to. So I called the help number on the bottle of seaglow and some one picked up on there cellphone they said they had only used sea glow on there boat but when he used the product on his sails it left an oil looking stain as well. He advised me to use dish soap. I told him I had already tried sneaker cleaner but he insisted dish soap would work. Sure enough it worked pretty well after scrubbing them for while. Now to apply the sea glow without touching the the fabric again.

If anyone gets sea glow on there v3s dish soap takes out the stain pretty well. I took my v3s to the dry cleaners originally to get them cleaned after I had stained them. When I went to pick them up the guy said his son had told him they were thousands of dollars and he was scared to to work on them. I tried to explain they were replicas but he still didn't want to. So I called the help number on the bottle of seaglow and some one picked up on there cellphone they said they had only used sea glow on there boat but when he used the product on his sails it left an oil looking stain as well. He advised me to use dish soap. I told him I had already tried sneaker cleaner but he insisted dish soap would work. Sure enough it worked pretty well after scrubbing them for while. Now to apply the sea glow without touching the the fabric again.
That's cool. I would have tried dish soap first, as that's what I use to scrub the soles of my sneakers when I clean them. But I've never dealt with sea glow so don't know much about it. Good to hear you got the stain out.
If anyone's using the Re-Align that Cavx suggested on your V3's, don't be impatient and put on a thick coat, it seems to leave a light coloured residue. I tried to do it all in one go on a pair of my V2's. Luckily, it can be brushed off, but it seems multiple thin coats and waiting for it to dry in is the best way to go (regardless of your partner's complaints about the smell) :D

Yeah, nice. I think you'll find the stuff in dish soap that gets the stain out is the surfactant in the liquid. Some sneaker cleaners have these in them too hence why I usually go for the gel cleaners as they are very similar. Good to hear you had a victory with removing the stain though:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back