Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

@Davidjones88 can you sell the EL replacement panels, updated LEDs and circuit boards on your site again???
I think buying new parts and getting a working system would be better than trying to get the parts I have working again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
4 and a half months later of QC'ing ( in part due to waiting for the updated led version ) I got my approved shoes through the post. Honestly I dont know how you guys seem to get near perfect shoes going by your photos. This is my third pair and all have silly problems that shouldnt be there.

This time round I think both me and sneakerahead where getting fed up of going round with the QC and accepted these as didnt look the worst pair from what id been shown.

When they arrived I was a little disapointed to find the box torn right along the hinge which I doubt was done in transit however the main thing is that upon checking out the shoes there is something going on with the tounge, the leather has sort of bobbled up into loads of little dots all over it. There also appears to be some sort of mark on the toe :( .

Ive asked them if they have any ideas on how to get rid of the bobbling on the tongue and figured someone on here may be able to give some advice ? , I just give up on getting a nice pair now.

Last edited:
4 and a half months later of QC'ing ( in part due to waiting for the updated led version ) I got my approved shoes through the post. Honestly I dont know how you guys seem to get near perfect shoes going by your photos. This is my third pair and all have silly problems that shouldnt be there.

This time round I think both me and sneakerahead where getting fed up of going round with the QC and accepted these as didnt look the worst pair from what id been shown.

When they arrived I was a little disapointed to find the box torn right along the hinge which I doubt was done in transit however the main thing is that upon checking out the shoes there is something going on with the tounge, the leather has sort of bobbled up into loads of little dots all over it. There also appears to be some sort of mark on the toe :( .

Ive asked them if they have any ideas on how to get rid of the bobbling on the tongue and figured someone on here may be able to give some advice ? , I just give up on getting a nice pair now.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/delux1234/20170508_161954_zps7geiulrg.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/delux1234/20170508_163947_zpstffrfrs4.jpg

Ahhhhh, buddy, that's annoying. To be honest though, I'm yet to see a totally flawless pair of these shoes. Even my RDs have what you might call very slight imperfections. It's the nature of the beast.

Regarding the tongue, I would steer clear of trying to remove those bobbles. They're made of a synthetic leather, I would imagine some type of polymer rather than genuine leather. I think if you tried to remove them by cutting them off, which would be the only viable way, you'll be left with the felt like material showing underneath which is what mine have done where there is wear in places. You could be lucky & they could be excess bobbles of white dye, which may mean that as long as you didn't cut them too low, you'd only be exposing more dye & not the backing below. Looks to me that it's something that could easily be made much worse trying to repair however.

Just got my shoes in the mail. They look a little different than the QC photos. Lol

nah. I took this one apart for fun:

IMG_7010.JPGIMG_7134.JPGIMG_7135.JPGIMG_7136.JPGIMG_7137.JPGIMG_7138.JPG

Last edited:
the main thing is that upon checking out the shoes there is something going on with the tounge, the leather has sort of bobbled up into loads of little dots all over it. There also appears to be some sort of mark on the toe :(

Test a small area that you can't see with acetone. So long as it doesn't eat the material, you should be right to clean the tongue and it might clean off those bumps. Much better than cutting them off as has already been mentioned NickyMabbs.

Just got my shoes in the mail. They look a little different than the QC photos. Lol

WOW, just wow. So these are the very first pair this forum saw last year?

They have all those figures at my local Zing Pop Culture store, but did they make a Marty from 2015? That would be a keeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, just wow. So these are the very first pair this forum saw last year?

They have all those figures at my local Zing Pop Culture store, but did they make a Marty from 2015? That would be a keeper.

Nope. This was a perfectly good shoe. It was sent to me as a replacement for a show that I was able to fix. This one had the slightly darker grey fabric from the second release. I used it as a test shoe but then decided to take it apart.

They never made any 2015 BTTF Reaction Figures.

Nope. This was a perfectly good shoe. It was sent to me as a replacement for a show that I was able to fix. This one had the slightly darker grey fabric from the second release. I used it as a test shoe but then decided to take it apart.

They never made any 2015 BTTF Reaction Figures.

Odd that they would send just one shoe. I had hoped it would have been a pair.

Too bad about those figures not being released. Even POP Vinyl has Marty 2015 versions.

Test a small area that you can't see with acetone. So long as it doesn't eat the material, you should be right to clean the tongue and it might clean off those bumps. Much better than cutting them off as has already been mentioned @NickyMabbs.

Been there with acetone on one of my previous pairs to remove some excess glue & a couple of the same bobbles on one of my tongues. Acetone did nothing except react a little with the white surface layer of the tongue. Mine was one of the first pairs though so perhaps they've changed the material used (doubt it) & it left quite a matte looking area where it was used. Those bobbles are actually part of the rubbery material itself caused during manufacturing, not something that can be rubbed away.

Also, a VERY steady hand & a scalpel or razor blade can remove the height to the bobbles as they are white right down to the fabric layer beneath, but you'd have to be very steady. I've spent most of my life building & painting extremely intricate models & electronics & you can't even notice where the bobbles were on mine. If you're even slightly 'cack-handed' or have no eye for detail, you wouldn't stand a chance, which is why I don't advise it unless you're very confident & competent...

Last edited:
Probably best to leave it then.

So after pulling the batteries, I had tucked the little connectors into the battery recess before inserting the foam. I wore them all day yesterday and it is amazing how much more comfortable they are without those small lumps (the connectors) under your feet. Even though the sole is made with a recess for those clips, they never actually sat in there and I could feel them underfoot.

Probably best to leave it then.

So after pulling the batteries, I had tucked the little connectors into the battery recess before inserting the foam. I wore them all day yesterday and it is amazing how much more comfortable they are without those small lumps (the connectors) under your feet. Even though the sole is made with a recess for those clips, they never actually sat in there and I could feel them underfoot.
I always (since the V2's) used these special insoles with framing plastic that would have covered the lumps made by those clips, that's probably why they never bothered me.
soles.jpg

I always (since the V2's) used these special insoles with framing plastic that would have covered the lumps made by those clips, that's probably why they never bothered me.
View attachment 727858

Are your batteries still in or have you taken them out? I use a similar in-sole and I can feel a difference now those plugs are pushed down. Like with the V2s, the V3 has a cavity once the battery is removed that needs a supportive fill. The EVA foam I have used compresses over time. I originally used this in my V2s and I ended up using small blocks of PinkySil (A25 Shore Silicone which is about the same sponge feel as the V3 mid-soles) I had from old, redundant molds. In time, I will have to make the same sort of blocks for these V3s, but I might go as far as making a proper mold first.

I haven't taken the batteries out or even replaced the side domes under the clear with anything yet. Too many jobs on the to-do list at the moment. :) But that PinkySil idea is good, I don't think silicone remains compressed after the pressure put onto it is removed, so it should stay spongy.

Exactly. The pink silicon I used in my V2s is probably 2 year old and still as springy as the day I put it in.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I just talked to a customer service rep on sneaker ahead. I asked if they would consider selling the v3 electronics again and they said they likely wouldn't. But they said if anyone was willing to order in a large quantity they would put them in contact with the manufacturers. Do you think enough members need electronics for there v3s?

Last edited:
I just talked to a customer service rep on sneaker ahead. I asked if they would consider selling the v3 electronics again and they said they likely wouldn't. But they said if anyone was willing to order in a large quantity they would put them in contact with the manufacturers. Do you think enough members need electronics for there v3s?

Is that all the electronics or just the EL panels? Last time panels were like $8USD each. If I was to jump in, I would want sole panels and strap panels as well as LEDs.

The ones that mainly go out are the main boards charging port issue, the sole lights and the batteries. All other stuff handles pretty well.

But some are lucky and never see this problems

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back