Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Testing of version 1 of my boards is going well! Hope to have more features added soon!

To anyone who knows about the RD Mags, did they put the battery in the buckle strap where the inverter is on these V3? And the inverter in the sole?

Attachments

• IMG_2901.PNG
    IMG_2901.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
Testing of version 1 of my boards is going well! Hope to have more features added soon!

To anyone who knows about the RD Mags, did they put the battery in the buckle strap where the inverter is on these V3? And the inverter in the sole?

make sure to add some extra support to the power input
it would be nice to add a charge indicator as well...
interconnected with the ankle lights

make sure to add some extra support to the power input
it would be nice to add a charge indicator as well...
interconnected with the ankle lights

These boards blink the LEDS while charging. Wiring to the LEDs might have to me changed for this to happen though, but right now I am trying to dim and blink the LEDS from the main board without other modifications. I'll definitely be adding epoxy over/around the port before installing any of these. I debated covering the entire board like David's in epoxy, but I am pretty sure that was done for other reasons than strength. I prefer leaving the contacts available for soldering ect.

These boards blink the LEDS while charging. Wiring to the LEDs might have to me changed for this to happen though, but right now I am trying to dim and blink the LEDS from the main board without other modifications. I'll definitely be adding epoxy over/around the port before installing any of these. I debated covering the entire board like David's in epoxy, but I am pretty sure that was done for other reasons than strength. I prefer leaving the contacts available for soldering ect.
i wonder why they didnt cover the charge port with epoxy as well...

so are you doing repairs to other v3 owners or are you just selling the boards?

Anybody have any experience using Crep Protect on their v3s? Just got a can from Amazon, and will be applying the first layer tonight and just wanted everybody's opinion and if it something that is trusted? I've heard some horror stories of discolouring shoes...

I debated covering the entire board like David's in epoxy, but I am pretty sure that was done for other reasons than strength. I prefer leaving the contacts available for soldering ect.

My first thought would be for water resistance, but then I doubt that insole battery isn't going to fair to well if the shoes get wet.

Guys,has anybody ordered the air mags on special at 200$? If so, how so we reach David? I've been trying to contact him to order. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Got a reply from a "Joyce" she's checking inventory. Will let you all know.

ea917348ed4e9784e8283a6ffae334b0.jpge3c9449bf4b195f4a801b99788165049.jpgc331b9b21fcf12dbd680f89714476c68.jpg33314e7ac16c346df9b43be6c852b152.jpg443a87abe868d7c4b86247a883f627d5.jpg221c065527d29c8ebebd9961663918ea.jpg0abc2b091416b9e24f963e97898d3d85.jpg

Hello, these are my QC pics. shud i go with it? the soles look quite yellow in some pics and fine in others. do y'all think its cuz of the lighting? thanks :)

Yes I can, but I seriously do not think it is pressure from jeans. This is a stress point in the shoe design. The heel cup holds the base of the shoe firm, then there is a flexible area between the top of that part and bottom on the ankle buckle. It might be possible that at some point, the material even rubs on the rubber parts.
The inside is a different construction to the V2s, so I doubt that it will actually wear a hole like it did with the V2s. I ended up gluing a section of material on the inside seam of the V2s.
My question was asking if anyone else who wore their shoes was having this same issue.
If I was to tuck my jeans into the shoes, I would not be able to do the strap up.
I saw pair of jeans that made me look twice the other day. They had elastic on the bottom of the cuffs. The guy wearing them was wearing thongs, so it looked a bit weird, but for anyone wearing a high boot (or shoes like the MAGs), this would be useful.

I've been busy with work and stuff of late so I haven't had anywhere interesting to wear mine (don't want people pestering me about them while I'm buying groceries or something) but I haven't noticed that issue yet, and often wear the V3's with 'regular fit' jeans - not really baggy, but not skinny jeans either. I do have skinny jeans but I need to get thinner by one size to wear them again :D Maybe I've worn mine less than others here. Even though I've got 3 pair now I don't want to wear them to work as I often have to go to the factory floor to fix issues and they spill oil and all sorts of things there. The V3's are just too good to wear to work.
The jeans with elastic ankle sounds like an interesting idea. Will have to keep an eye out for them next time I have time to wander around a big mall.

Hello, these are my QC pics. shud i go with it? the soles look quite yellow in some pics and fine in others. do y'all think its cuz of the lighting? thanks :)

These look pretty good. The soles are yellowish in most cases, so no, I don't think it is the lighting.

I believe that the V3's are made exactly like the real MAG's. Check out this XRay of the real MAG's:

Capture d-e?cran 2016-04-18 a? 15.13.15.png

Also, here are some real MAG's taken apart when they were figuring out how to do the power laces:

destroyed mags1.jpgdestroyed mags.jpgdestroyed mags2.jpg

I believe that the V3's are made exactly like the real MAG's. Check out this XRay of the real MAG's:

Interesting, definitely looks like the inverter is in the strap. Was curious because the company making these boards for me said that if they were to make an inverter board that could power them 100% brightness it would be 10mm at the highest point. These V3 boards are like 5.6mm at the highest point...10mm probably wouldn't fit in the buckle well.

I thought someone said that the tongues were not attached at the sides?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Good news on those discounted V3's. They have some left. I'm ordering a pair. Just wanted to make sure, is this the same account you paid to:
"This is our western union and money gram account:
FORENAME(First Name):Zhenhua
SURNAME(Last Name):Lin
Phone :0086-13850265086
Address :City: Putian, State: Fujian, Country: China
Zip Code :351100"
Want to make sure it's not a scam. Thank you for your help!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back