Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

While I'm very happy with my updated V3's (after finally getting delivered), I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to capture the difference in the way the LED's display to the original release. It's much more noticable to the eye than to the iPod Touch that I use. Might have to think about getting a proper camera. The shoe to the left is my size 9.5 from the first run, and the one on the right is the newest, a size 10.5 - I've yet to wear them around anywhere for a test, maybe the weekend.
View attachment 726160

Does your device have a HDR mode? Turn it on but also use a stand and the timer. You may be able to extend the exposure. Just looking at the image, and the difference is pretty significant. Why did you go up a full size?

Beware with www.sneakeraheads.com!

I have bought a pair of Nike Air mag and Air Force size 13 from this website. In the beginning the customer service lady was being very attentive and helpful; she confirmed she had both pair of shoes on size 13, so I went ahead with the order and sent the transfer. Two days after she contacts me to say that they doesn't have the Air Mag on size 13 (this is after she already confirmed that she had them) so I ask her for a refund and now she is not replying to any of my messages anymore. I don't recommend this website to anyone, I did get one of the pairs, but that's after I had to chase her to get them sent, as I said before, once you send the transfer, she takes days to reply or to answer enquieries, and she doesn't answer the phone either

The URL was changed from dot COM to dot RU last year. There is also a doggy Instagram account listed as sneakerahead where David's IG is sneakergost.

I have bought a pair of Nike Air mag and Air Force size 13 from this website. In the beginning the customer service lady was being very attentive and helpful; she confirmed she had both pair of shoes on size 13, so I went ahead with the order and sent the transfer. Two days after she contacts me to say that they doesn't have the Air Mag on size 13 (this is after she already confirmed that she had them) so I ask her for a refund and now she is not replying to any of my messages anymore. I don't recommend this website to anyone, I did get one of the pairs, but that's after I had to chase her to get them sent, as I said before, once you send the transfer, she takes days to reply or to answer enquieries, and she doesn't answer the phone either

Yeah the joys of buying direct out of China from unknown sellers.

I have listed the proper details in Post #1 of this thread along with the discount code. I wish people would actually read from the beginning if they are new here.

Does your device have a HDR mode? Turn it on but also use a stand and the timer. You may be able to extend the exposure. Just looking at the image, and the difference is pretty significant. Why did you go up a full size?

I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can find my old CANON digital camera and try that instead. As for the sizing, my originally purchased size was 10, and the second pair were 9.5's - a little snug but still OK (though I haven't worn those outside the house) so I thought I'd try 10.5s and have both the grey insoles and the special blue ones I've previously mentioned in the other thread (if I needed to). Just test fitting, 10.5 seem good.

Beware with www.sneakeraheads.com!

I think everyone here worried they might pay money and not receive the V3 MAGs when they first appeared. Another member (not me, can't remember who) took the plunge and bought the first pair, and let everyone here know that the site www.sneakerahead.ru (back then it was .com) will actually send you the shoes. I think everyone else here followed suit and has bought theirs from them, because we know they will send.
I even had a long-running email conversation with them when the shipping company EMS lost a pair I ordered. sneakerahead.ru had to get another pair and tried to send again using DHL. They arrived in good condition and quickly after they shipped. The delay was for the site staff to get the shoes from the factory, but every time I asked for an update, they responded.
Sorry to hear it seems like you found a bad deal.

Anyone have long ship times? I'm tracking my mags, and it seems they haven't moved since last Saturday. Didn't know if anyone else experienced this as well when they were tracking their shoes?

I had more luck capturing the difference in the appearance of the LEDs in the updated version vs the original version. The green is much more obvious, as the photos show. It still comes across better in real life, but these pics from a proper digital camera show it much better.
IMG_4200.JPGIMG_4199.JPG

Interesting. Would you say that the EL is the same brightness in both pair? The LEDs are certainly improved. I hope they can do these in the smaller pairs soon.

I think the EL is the same, it always looked paler on the originals as the LEDs sort of drown it out. More balanced lighting overall now, I would say.

I haven't de-fogged my ankle bubble yet, no time to look for matte clear paint yet. On the first 2 pairs I either used gloss or satin and don't need them QUITE so clear. A slight fog would be fine.
I think the colour of the fabric is very slightly different too, can anyone else here with multiple pairs confirm any variation in the colour? Only a very slight difference.

I wore my MAGs into the city today to attend a live radio interview on STAR WARS (May the 4th) Day and there was a radio personality from another station there who was a part of the panel I was on. Then he saw my shoes and I wish I had my camera on video at that exact moment. It almost played out like those credit card adds.

MAG shoes - $650AUD
Celebrity geek out moment - priceless!

I had more luck capturing the difference in the appearance of the LEDs in the updated version vs the original version. The green is much more obvious, as the photos show. It still comes across better in real life, but these pics from a proper digital camera show it much better.
View attachment 726310View attachment 726309
The updated lights look much better. What was the number of these updated pair, 0321 or something different? Thanks.

The updated pair I received still had the .....321 numbering on the little metal barcode - is it anywhere else and I've missed it?

The strap on the booklet should have the number as well. If there is a number change, I would say that is where it will be done as it is easier to change printing on paper than metal.

Here's a couple of questions for all you V3 owners as cavx's post got me thinking...

Do any of you feel embarrassed or self-conscious wearing your Mags in public due to the fact that they are essentially a counterfeit product?
I'm quite happy wearing mine to a convention or other such event, however I would not wear them in everyday life, purely due to the fact that I'd likely be called out on them whilst wandering around central London as there are plenty of knowledgeable sneaker-heads. I also view them on the same level as a counterfeit Rolex or other high value item. I'd rather wear a cheaper option not claiming to be something else, not to mention that I'm not brave enough or crazy enough to wear my legitimate Mags as I consider them to be a 'grail' piece.

This leads me to... How many of you HONESTLY admit they are replicas when asked by those less knowledgeable & what sort of questions are you asked when approached & how do you respond?

Last edited by a moderator:
NickyMabbs I don't feel self conscious about being called out for wearing replica Mags since there are a TON of reputable sneakerheads that either own these or wear them. Along with that there is the fact that these cost $500-$600. Not cheap knockoffs. Also, you own the real ones, so it's totally fine to say that these are the accurate replicas but you have the real Mags at home.

Now, what I tell people are two things: If I know they are a sneakerhead, I will tell them they are replicas. If they don't know, then I just tell them that they are the 2011's (the only reason is because I used to tell everyone they are replicas but then they want to know the website, how much, why are they so much, how do they get them for their kids, return policies, China safety issues, scammers, etc..) That conversation is over when I just tell them they were limited auction pairs...

What I feel self conscious about is when people think they are real and stare at you or take photos from across the room...That makes me feel uneasy.

Jedifyfe Ahhhhh, that's very interesting & I can totally understand that the moment you mention they are replicas, an assault of questioning begins. Not what you want or have time for in everyday life.

As you mention the attention makes you feel uneasy, out of interest, have you ever felt threatened while wearing them? Obviously I know you're a big guy so hopefully that would put the majority of potential opportunists on the back foot, but being robbed for sneakers happens quite often in certain parts of London & I presume it's probably the equivalent in LA. Do you feel like you're putting yourself at the top of the hit-list by wearing replicas of the most expensive & most recognisable shoes in the world?

NickyMabbs I've never felt threatened but I have felt uneasy when some people are staring at them. Usually you can gauge the stare. I definitely keep my peripheral vision heightened while wearing them. Both for good stares and potential issues. I don't often wear them nor would I wear them in bad areas but I always keep a look out. More often, I will get people wanting to shake my hand for "wearing these out" and that they have "never seen these in person".

NickyMabbs I've often worn mine out, and the only comments I've got are the people saying they're very cool (even people who don't know they're the BTTF2 shoes, strangely) and questions if they're real, which I always say they're a replica, if I had the real ones I'd probably never wear them either. Jokingly say "yeah, didn't have a spare $10k just lying around to get the real ones so I got these instead" kind of thing.
If they want to know where I got them from, I say something like 'they're a special import' and just give them the sneakerahead website and they can go look for themselves. As Jedifyfe said, they're not a cheap shabby-looking replica (unlike the HC ones) so that will probably make most people decide not to get them when they do their research. Nobody I've ever spoken to has had anything bad to say about them, but only once (at SupaNova last year) did someone actually call them the V3's (they had a ghostbusters costume) - everyone else seems to think they're the real ones. Maybe Melbourne's a bit more laid back about sneakers.

This leads me to... How many of you HONESTLY admit they are replicas when asked by those less knowledgeable & what sort of questions are you asked when approached & how do you respond?

So when the radio celeb had his little geek out moment, I told right then, these are not the real shoe. These are the latest Chinese copy. And then told him how much they cost me Vs what a real pair is worth. All he really knew was that real MAGs are super expensive.

I wear mine because they are comfortable. I'm yet to meet face to face, anyone that can tell these are fake from just looking at them. So far, everyone that has seen these is excited to actually see a pair of MAGs on feet.

No-one has ever been as ass and yelled "hey bro, your shoes aren't real". And sorry, that is what I think of those so called "sneaker heads" that do that in videos. Grand standing for their own self importance because a pair of MAGs (real or fake) is getting more attention than they are at that moment.

Here's a couple of questions for all you V3 owners as @cavx's post got me thinking...

Do any of you feel embarrassed or self-conscious wearing your Mags in public due to the fact that they are essentially a counterfeit product?
I'm quite happy wearing mine to a convention or other such event, however I would not wear them in everyday life, purely due to the fact that I'd likely be called out on them whilst wandering around central London as there are plenty of knowledgeable sneaker-heads. I also view them on the same level as a counterfeit Rolex or other high value item. I'd rather wear a cheaper option not claiming to be something else, not to mention that I'm not brave enough or crazy enough to wear my legitimate Mags as I consider them to be a 'grail' piece.

As you know Nick, I'm as obsessed with these shoes as you are; I sold my real Mags a few months ago, but I have already picked up another real pair as there isn't nothing quite as good as the real deal, no matter how good the replicas get (plus the price was way too good to turn down, I was lucky). I am the same, I'd happily wear the V3 at a convention or a party/dress-up, otherwise I treat these nearly (but not quite) as delicate as real mags, I don't want the lights to fail, and I don't think I'd have the patience or careful-hand to pull them apart to fix them. Also, I think the normal person won't initially think they are fake, but most sneaker heads will call them out, but they are an expensive shoe in their own-right; if I did wear them and someone asks if they are real, I'd happily tell them they are rip-offs, they are still impressive. But you'd never catch me (knowingly) wearing fake kicks otherwise.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back