Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Given NIKE doesn't actually make them anymore, you will be buying a pair of shoes that are now coming onto 8 years old and you will be paying $4500+ for them. If you are that keen, awesome. For everyone else, these V3s tick all the boxes.

I still own my pairs, don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon either. You'd also be VERY lucky to get hold of a pair for circa $4500, you're looking at around $8000+ nowadays.

Hello,im new on the forum.Anyone knows why China stopped the produccion of the v3? :(

Thank you

Where are you attempting to buy from?

We have not heard anything about them stopping production and I know that they won't just stop these even if the sellers decide they need to change websites etc.

We have not heard anything about them stopping production and I know that they won't just stop these even if the sellers decide they need to change websites etc.

Thank you for your reply.I bought on sneakeraheads.com and after they received my money he tell me dont have stock on size 13 and no stock production on the factory.
I have continued to research and on the website DHGATE I have asked a seller called sport_factory and he has confirmed that they have stopped the production for a time of the v3.

Thank you for your reply.
I bought on sneakeraheads.com,after sending my money he tell me dont have stock for size 13 and at the moment no stock on the factory.
I have continued to research and on the web dhgate I have asked a seller called sport_factory and he has confirmed that they have stopped the production for a time of the v3.

BigTor I get email notifications but when I click the link, all I see if that you deleted the post. I have no experience with that site. Everyone here has been using David at sneakerahead and we have all been looked after quite well. There is also a discount code in Post #1 of this thread, so for the sake of 10 bucks, I'd suggest running with a site we know is at least legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
cavx Yes i know the site of David but i bought on sneakeraheads because have another models of sneakers.
Hope i have a solution with these people.
I have no idea why the moderators delete my posts :(

@cavx Yes i know the site of David but i bought on sneakeraheads because have another models of sneakers.
Hope i have a solution with these people.
I have no idea why the moderators delete my posts :(
None of your posts were deleted. They automatically went into the moderation queue and have now been approved.

Just testing this for right now.
I had a play with this 3M reflective material back in V1 days. Given virtually everyone that takes a photo of these shoes, does so with the flash on, this might be a work around if you can't fix your broken EL.
fdcff694d93d26f9cf00ad4fd2fe5f64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just testing this for right now.
I had a play with this 3M reflective material back in V1 days. Given virtually everyone that takes a photo of these shoes, does so with the flash on, this might be a work around if you can't fix your broken EL. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170502/fdcff694d93d26f9cf00ad4fd2fe5f64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cool. I wonder if you could find a Cyan (or close to) overlay to glue to the 3m tape before you install it. Something like a sellophane, that's transparent. Then maybe the reflected light might be at least sort of the right colour. :) I still haven't opened up the side of my V3's, too busy at work all the time. But that's what pays for 3 pairs of these beasties!

anyone here recommend adding sole protectors to shoes?
or is it a gimmick?

also you know what goes well with the v3s:
the self drying jacket going for $179
i want it :/
starts selling 5/5/2017
the heat option seems cool though the self dry would only be cool in a cosplay reunion or something...

Cool. I wonder if you could find a Cyan (or close to) overlay to glue to the 3m tape before you install it. Something like a sellophane, that's transparent. Then maybe the reflected light might be at least sort of the right colour. :) I still haven't opened up the side of my V3's, too busy at work all the time. But that's what pays for 3 pairs of these beasties!

The supplier I spoke to said they make white, red, yellow, green and blue. There is no cyan or magenta at this time. From a non flash look, I think the blue tint on the soles will give the look of a bluish panel, but when you light it with a flash, you will see the true colour come through.

The blue is quite dark to look at, but lights up as "electric blue". The white looks like EL panel when not energized. If you place a filter in front of the white, you will see the panel as that colour (no different to my GITD kits for the V2s) and when it lights up, chances are, it will still shine as white anyway.

Here is how that reflection tape looks without the flash in low light. Once it is behind the rubber it will just look like EL panel.

As for adding filters, this little light sabre is parts of an EyeToy styled video game where it uses reflective material to help the camera see the blade. Again with and without flash.

e7bf0862c31b27637d41a7b536de1441.jpg
df98c85afa125d9f811aeafcd98d7711.jpg
5aeb1bdcd82d0eff4cf4fc8c9accaf99.jpg
e927d70f09b0c1f76a51fbc44ffb4ae7.jpg

While I'm very happy with my updated V3's (after finally getting delivered), I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to capture the difference in the way the LED's display to the original release. It's much more noticable to the eye than to the iPod Touch that I use. Might have to think about getting a proper camera. The shoe to the left is my size 9.5 from the first run, and the one on the right is the newest, a size 10.5 - I've yet to wear them around anywhere for a test, maybe the weekend.
v3s.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back