Gino/CRPROPS "appraisal" Helmet #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by GINO@Jan 26 2006, 07:44 PM
Are you trying to start a fight with me or what?
[snapback]1168912[/snapback]​

No I'm not, I just think there are more Gino/CRProps helmets out there than you've suggested.

Maybe Dave was producing more - I dont know. But there were a fair few people I know who had these helmets when they were being made two/three years back. I also recall threads on this board from people complaining that"CRProps" was taking an age to deliver their helmets and wasnt responding to emails.

I dont see what the problem is, I'm certainly not criticising your helmet. Even if it was 50 its hardly like it was mass production, plus you did say you did a 2nd version after the CRProps.

Cheers

Jez

Originally posted by SithLord@Jan 26 2006, 07:50 PM
I used to have a CRPROPs helmet that I got from Dave G for $650. Took a few months to get but it was a nice helmet...wish I still had it for reference ;).

I'm guessing they are worth about $250-350 now...at least based on Ebay sales of stunt helmet replicas...
:cheers,

Thomas
[snapback]1168917[/snapback]​

I believe I've got your old CRPROPS helmet Thomas, along with the one Dave made for me.

Did you add the chinstrap yourself out of interest?

They're beautiful helmets, and I can't see myself ever selling them. Both mine have gaps between the cap (brow) and faceplate incidentally, but I'm not sure if that goes for all CRPROPS lids - I guess it's just down to assembly.

I'll never sell my Gino helmet. Never ever. Eventhough there is a lot of nice and new helmets out there i'll keep my Gino bucket until i die. It's one of the nicest items i've ever owned and it's a beatiful lid. Well constructed and very very close to teh screenused helmets. I love it.

Do either of your helmets have numbers in them? Mines on the inside of the undercut near the mic tips.

Also Musashi-do yours have any styrene cracks as mine seems to have quite a few. Maybe I was unlucky?

Cheers

Jez

Wow, you made yourself 20-30 helmets only for your private collection Gino??? You really must be in love with yourself. Just messin with ya bro. :)

Dave

Originally posted by musashi@Jan 27 2006, 07:15 AM
I believe I've got your old CRPROPS helmet Thomas, along with the one Dave made for me.

Did you add the chinstrap yourself out of interest?

They're beautiful helmets, and I can't see myself ever selling them. Both mine have gaps between the cap (brow) and faceplate incidentally, but I'm not sure if that goes for all CRPROPS lids - I guess it's just down to assembly.
[snapback]1169432[/snapback]​

Cheers, Musashi....glad you're still enjoying it....I still kinda miss it....it came with the strap :). Ya but it doesn't have a number in it as I recall....I prefer the gaps in the brow....as I recall it was a perfectly put together helmet, no flaws....

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by vaderdarth@Jan 27 2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, you made yourself 20-30 helmets only for your private collection Gino???  You really must be in love with yourself.    Just messin with ya bro.  :)

Dave
[snapback]1169472[/snapback]​

Maybe 20-30 helmets for one's private collection would be pushing it a little bit, BUT: once you get into Stormtrooper helmets and you start to be able to distinguish helmets from different scenes, etc. - the natural progression/consequence usually is, that you want ALL the different variations of trooper helmets that you see on screen [especially when good reference photographs become available on a particular helmet. As was the case recenty w/ the two Sandtrooper helmets].

The Move-Along Sandtrooper, the Blast' Em Sandtrooper, The Felth Sandtrooper, a helmet that replicates TE's 2nd stunt helmet, a Standee-Hero, a Han-Hero, a Luke-Hero, one or two ESB helmets, the two different style ROTJ helmets... I'm sure, I am fogetting one or two variations here... plus: if I was forming myself a bunch of Stormtroopers, I would make sure to also form a bunch of faceplates for TIE Pilots and ATAT Pilots while I'm at it... and have some extras sitting around the house - just in case... so, 20 helmets doesn't sound all that far off - at least in my book. Heck - I would LOVE to have pieces for 20 ST helmets laying around the house to mess with... my idea of a good time. Really - can one ever own too many ST helmets - even if we're talking 20+? I think NOT.

Originally posted by mike d@Jan 27 2006, 06:15 PM
Jez: My helmet do not have a signature at all. Not even a number.
[snapback]1169684[/snapback]​

My CRProps helmet had the number 4 DG and a signature of sorts... it was kind of hidden, placed on the inside right where the aerators are... My guess is, these numbers don't mean a whole lot...

I'll check it out when i get home later tonight, but i'm pretty sure it's clean.

Originally posted by marcvs66+Jan 27 2006, 06:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marcvs66 @ Jan 27 2006, 06:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mike d
@Jan 27 2006, 06:15 PM
Jez: My helmet do not have a signature at all. Not even a number.
[snapback]1169684[/snapback]​

My CRProps helmet had the number 4 DG and a signature of sorts... it was kind of hidden, placed on the inside right where the aerators are... My guess is, these numbers don't mean a whole lot...
[snapback]1169691[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'll check it out when i get home later tonight, but i'm pretty sure it's clean.

Yeah - you pretty much have to put the helmet onto your noggin' to be able to see the signature/number... I only noticed it more or less by accident - weeks after I got the helmet...

Yeah - you pretty much have to put the helmet onto your noggin' to be able to see the signature/number... I only noticed it more or less by accident - weeks after I got the helmet...
[snapback]1169727[/snapback]​

So we know of a number 4, 7, and an 8. Anyone else?

CM

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than one helmet witht the same number. It was just supposed to be a goof from the start and totally not representative of anything. An inside joke if you will.

I think the new helmets Gino made would go for far more, but he doesnt sell them. The older Gino/Crprops had some redetailing on the cap and face. I beleive they removed the last hole on the frown?

Is that right Gino?

Either way, the older Gino Crprops helmets were incredible. Its hard to say that they were/are the best because they are modified a little, but the quality is incredible. Definatly a rare find and worth anywhere from $600+ that could probably go for $1000 if you had educated buyers who knew how rare they are.

Either way, i'd rather have Gino's new helmets ;)

In regards to the old Gino/CRProps helmets, the only mods done were the removal of the bumps/texture on the back cap. Faceplate was left alone.

The new Gino helmets are totally unmodified and use earcaps taken from a screen identified helmet. Not to mention different plastic and thinner plastic, and all new accessories.

Mine is still as shiny as when i got it 3 years ago. I have tried it on about 2 times, but never trooped in it. It's a display piece. No cracks. Regardless on how old it is, in my opinion it's still the best, except for Gino's new lid.

-Mikael

Well, I know the numbers aren't suppose to mean anything, but I had to take a couple of pics anyway, not easy from the inside of a helmet.....
DSC01753.jpg

Sig.....
DSC01755.jpg

And just to show off :D
Gino-Sandtrooper.jpg

I do have a small bit of yellowing above the troopers left ear and a small hairline, it's still sound though.
I also discovered that I REALLY need to clean the inside of my helmet :eek

Cheers,

Kraig

My helmet shows no cracks but there are many bumps on the front cap just above the brow trim, all the way across, but clears up the higher on the dome you go, ala the original helmets.....

CM

[attachmentid=6269]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back