WIP Shinji Ikari Sub-Dye (Evangelion)

HorseIsAHorse

Hi everyone! I'm new here on RPF. Nice to meet you. :)

I'm currently working on making a sub-dye for Shinji's plug suit. I'm hoping to have it made into a full costume eventually. I am using the Raimi Spiderman sub-dye by kenlandrum for this (found here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=207565). I'd like to share the pattern on RPF once done, if anyone is interested in it. Currently I am having a bit of trouble getting the pattern on the back of the suit to line up with where it meets the front of the suit. The best comparison for the pattern I can think of is a 60's panel dress, with black contours running up both sides. If anymore experienced designers could give me a suggestion, redline, or artistic input, it would be much appreciated. :)

This is my design so far, and my main reference picture (I've also uploaded both as attachments):

Shinji suit.png iu-5 copy.jpeg

The green outline is where I am going to continue the black contour from the main part of the suit (ignore the parts that go off of the pattern, I will adjust those later).
Anyway, I look forward to talking to all of you, and looking at all of the great projects on this site!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back