How to add fur to a solid krampus mask/puppet head?

QueenHare

Hello all,

I'm hoping to add some mangy-looking hair/fur to some of my paper-mache Krampus masks and was hoping for some advice from you knowledgeable folks!

I've seen info on how to hair latex masks, and how to attach fur to your own skin using spirit gum, but neither looks like it'd work on this kind of mask (solid, non-flexible).

I guess what I want is something like spirit gum, but permanent, quick-setting so I don't have to hold the hair in place for hours, and waterproof-ish. Ideally I want to avoid having to make a wig or attach hair to a mesh first - I'd like to glue it straight to the mask to make a more natural hairline.

I have been experimenting and the best thing I've tried so far is superglue but it's not ideal... PVA takes too long to dry, ends up shiny, and isn't a strong bond anyway.

Hair-wise I've got some crepe hair but it's a bit thin-feeling. I might mix it with some long curly wool to try and get the texture right.

xsmallDSC_4708.jpg

Anyway, any and all ideas welcome. Thank you for reading :)

Rachel

(Tag dropdown menu wouldn't work, so the post has none. Sorry)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back