First Full Armour and First EVA project - What to make!?

Fk23

I've previously, and currently (ongoing) have made small pepkaura items with the fibre/filler method, but have decided I would like to start my first EVA foam project, a full armour set. However, I have no idea what to make, I know what I like the aesthetics of but I feel a bit weird creating something I'm not a fan of. I like the N7 armour and the Desinity stuff, and the other Mass Effect sets, but I've never played these games. It feels wrong to rock up in a kit I know nothing about, even if it does (hopefully) look cool.

I'm looking for something full body, either male or female. I'm the latter, so if it's male I just have to work out how my upper body will fit in. No interest in Warhammer/Space Marine stuff, that's way to chunky for my living space to handle! Any recommendations for some full armour ideas? Superhero/sci-fi preferred, but I'd give anything a look. (Just no Star Wars or Iron Man!)

Last edited:
Master chief from Halo.
Lots of versions on RPF of differing technically.
My first major Foam build was Master chief and it was a 3 month build but a great learning experience as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4af91b85baad9122909c8814c81ea214.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'1" so not sure I want to be Master Chief, but that's an awesome first build. I've seen a couple of people's firsts in the last 24 hours which gives me hope that I might not be entirely awful at it!

At the moment I'm veering towards this but am not sure I should work without a pep file (this is new I believe and probably doesn't exist in pep yet), free hand design is a bit scary!6b5e6eb987103889dd07b88b797d31cb.jpgc213039a93906217becc52004c7b04e1.jpg0bee9b321b28f777fde405216e45bb2c.jpg

Definitely check out punished props & evil ted for patterning tips.

Also, possibly Diablo 3 or Warcraft things. I'd start with something simple for a new material though. :) good luck!

Having seen a smaller female person in some Halo armour I actually quite like it now (ask me 12 hours ago when I was musing on it and I was meh). Warcraft might be a future project. The armour is a little bigger and more elaborate I think but it's on my list, I do like to play WoW. Thanks. Once I get started I'll start a thread I'm sure.

I'm a 5ft 2 female and I'm building my first eva foam armour RoboCop costume! :D sky's the limit, but I say join me! :p

I've always liked the Glass armour from Skyrim, and Overwatch has a large selection of characters that Ive seen all sorts of people cosplay as!

Last edited:
This may sound like a cop out answer, but I think you really need to find something you are personally interested and invested in. At least in my experience, there is so much work involved that I find it difficult to be motivated all the way to the finish line unless I'm inspired by the subject matter itself. I don't think that means you have to be a fan of the material. You just have to really love the project.

I think Atti is right.Cosplay/Costuming can be an expensive hobby,so whatever investment you make,you want it to be worth it.
Find out what 'fuels' you,even if it's just one concept,and go all out :thumbsup it'll be the best experience

I was waiting for that answer. I may find that the best idea for me is to use elements of the stuff I like the look of and design my own. It's not urgent though. I'm going to spin through my comics collection for further inspiration.

Starcraft's Ghost operatives (i.e. Nova, Kerrigan) have some really slick sci-fi armor suits that would be really reasonable out of EVA foam with some beveling work. Not too many pieces but challenging shapes, making it a good hill to climb for a beginner.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back