Kobold caller question

TIGCreations

Sr Member
View attachment 715873
Hey all. Wanting to buy a side holster from MonCal, and I need some info on kobolds.
•What variation is the image above? Kobold? Linhof? I honestly don't know.
•If you have this accurate caller, can you take some pics of it with a ruler?
•I saw an eBay seller selling resin Kobolds. He recasted sskunky's resin mic tips. Should I buy?
•If you have an offer for me on a similar kobold, or the perfect one, or something at least, PM me.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try uploading your Kobold picture again ... that attachment registers as invalid for me :confused

Chaïm

Sorry Chaïm, here:
944600_438446389598671_1923748710_n_zpsc2a93669.jpg

I thought there were more than one silver bottom kobolds...
Someone on Ebay is selling them, and he has two style silver kobold castings...
search "propsplus" on ebay and you'll pull him up

Not sure what you're looking for?

There are two main versions of Kobold, the black wrinkle and silver ones. There might be a couple variations of the top/socket area ir the knurling at the bottom. The photo you posted is so washed out, we can only confidently say it was the silver model.

Here is mine, I used it for the "severed hand" saber discovered last year.

The silver case slides off, like the back half of a graflex. Mine had a bolt welded to it, so the dude that sold it to me had a replacement made with no logo, probably on here somewhere.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    831.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    816.1 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    696.1 KB · Views: 65
Not sure what you're looking for?

There are two main versions of Kobold, the black wrinkle and silver ones. There might be a couple variations of the top/socket area ir the knurling at the bottom. The photo you posted is so washed out, we can only confidently say it was the silver model.

Here is mine, I used it for the "severed hand" saber discovered last year.

The silver case slides off, like the back half of a graflex. Mine had a bolt welded to it, so the dude that sold it to me had a replacement made with no logo, probably on here somewhere.
That looks about right.
I was wanting measurements because I am buying a MonCal Jawa holster, and I want it to fit accurately.
He needs the info to make it accurately sized.

Just with a ruler, so not into tenth of mm:

Body dia at the knurled bottom - 42mm,

Length of body - 100mm. First 60mm round, above that with clip and knob/bulb sticking out.

Total length - 130mm

I´m sure MonCal can google some pics for making business himself. :lol

Sizewise they all are the same.
I meant pics of the aforementioned Kobold against a ruler... i'm buying a Jawa holster from him and I want it to fit a kobold
Maybe OdiWan72 can post pics of his? I know he has one, it's the reason i'm buying one from MonCal.

- - - Updated - - -

And just throwing an idea into the air, if you say they are all the same sizewise, could I make a DEC caller into a silver bottom one?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back