Eva Pod WIP

joberg

Legendary Member
Another one of those crazy model to build...a sphere is never easy to work with. Many challenges and many artistic liberties taken; I'll get through it eventually:)

CIMG2293.JPG CIMG2302.JPGCIMG2295.JPGCIMG2294.JPG

Looks great. I have been thinking about building an EVA pod for 20 or so years. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Awesome! I have always loved the EVA pod design. Looks like you may be using something similar to the plastic light globe I used on an oblivion drone scratchbuild, what is your source? I'd love to tackle this...one day.

Bill

Thanks Bill; my globe was bought from Amre Supply Canada (they might have a U.S. warehouse also). Paid $65 Cdn for it + shipping/handling. Fast service (3 days) and quality product.

Joberg, this is looking very nice. I have an EVA Pod kit that's on my to do list. I want to build a Discovery to the scale of the pod. I'll keep checking your updates though. Looking good though. Can't wait to see more.
Mark

Thanks guys...and Dave (sorry for the late response:angel) it's almost 13 inches. NemVia: I proposed the same thing to my wife (to just do Discovery main "ball" with the 3 Eva Pods)...and she said: "NO":(

Alright folks: the latest installment: I affixed the ears (a few more spots to fill/sand and it'll be better). About those ears...I bought, a few years ago, one ear that one of our member had produced (Yeogybear; check his fantastic work on his page at DeviantArt). I've asked Mark if he would give me permission to re-cast it(I know, I don't like that word...but here it is) with certain rules attached to that request: one-off, for my use only.
Mark graciously agreed to those and I was able to make a mold and do just that ear.

CIMG2364.JPGCIMG2363.JPGCIMG2362.JPGCIMG2361.JPG

Looks great, I have one of scott's 1/6 pods, I put a lot of work into the interior and in the end burned out a bit & moved onto other things, still in the box after 4 years :/ someday I will restart & finish. Did you scratch the base? Looks spot on.

Yes, so since folks who know me and my love for "Bigatures", I decided to do 1/3 of the Discovery Pod Bay (that saved my marriage with the wife:D)!
So, I'm still debating; when looking from HAL console, should I go with the right hand side wall (pipes, some of the tiles showing) or dead middle or left hand side wall (not as many pipes and some of the tiles also). And yes, there's gonna be a ceiling and lights and...you get the picture.CIMG2366.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back