Fastener snaps or buttons

davidJurassic

I wonder if you guys can help me here. I have a heavy(ish) square object (.75 kg) that I need to attach to a flat resin surface on a prop I'm building. Due to the fit of the piece, there isn't room to attach the object with nuts and bolts, and I'd like to be able to separate the object from the surface so it's modular. So all I have is the surface to surface interaction (about 2 inch square).

I was looking at multiple snaps/buttons/fasteners. Does anyone recommend non-permanent fastenings that when used in number they can hold up the weight?

Thanks

David

I did think velcro - I'll get a sample of industrial to test. The only thing that concerned me was potential wobble on the velcro, but I guess four or five patches should stabilise it?

Im hesitant with magnets as I may have some working electronic parts next to it. So Im looking for fasteners or poppers ideally. I wonder if some hemline poppers combined with industrial velcro to make sure everything registers perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back