New member here! Hopefully, I don't commit an accidental faux pas.
In searching this forum, I found a number of these Amber Cane Toppers already posted here. I believe mine is unique in the fact the shape was achieved on the lathe and not via casting. I tend to be very "lathe centric" and prefer free forming a shape rather than making exact copies.
I used cray flies for the bugs (we call them mosquito eaters here) and polyester resin instead of epoxy resin because it tends to polish up better. This topper is about 2" in diameter and 4" in length.
I would love your thought on my attempt and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.