American Horror Story: Hotel Lady Gaga sunglasses

Project4558

Hi all,

First post in RPF, heard good things from Adam Savage's tested podcast, and I have a problem I hope the hive mind can help me with.

I think it's one of Lady Gaga's opening scenes in the series. She's sat on a bed and says the immortal words "your boy has a jawline for days" while sliding off a pair of sunglasses.

heres a link to the .gif https://goo.gl/images/827zQ8

Ive been looking for these for ages, on and off since the series was released. I even tried contacting the Haus of Gaga (her design studio I think) to see if they could share any info. No replys from them. But the wife is still in love with them!

So I figure if I can't buy a pair, and no one seems to sell them, I might have to make some. Having done some research into the plastics used to make sunglasses I'm still not 100% on where I should begin. I have a lot of 3D printing experience (FDM). And have made one or two bits and pieces. But this I want to be really nice as a surprise for the wife.

Having searched for somewhere to start. Lots of places sell sunglasses with eyebrows, but these are different. The arms of the glasses are at one with the eyebrows, they don't connect to the eye piece bit until the bridge over the nose. I'll see if I can attach an image I got from the .gif.

Also, if I've posted in the wrong place please let me know and I'll stick this elsewhere. Anyone with any experience in making glasses please share your pearls of wisdom, everyone else, also welcome to join in :D. I'll see if I can get something drawn up to share on here as well.

CJ

Attachments

• IMG_5241.GIF
    IMG_5241.GIF
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,862
I don't believe these were mass produced for sale, you're going to be better off recreating it fully on your own. I'm 99% sure the Haus of Gaga was disbanded several years ago, but a website by the same name is still floating around. You might try contacting one of the Gaga tribute/impersonator artists about it, they're the #1 people to ask when it comes to Gaga replicas.

I asked my better half (Aurora Savage, Lady Gaga Impersonator) but he isn't aware of where to source them from either.

Best of luck!!

Hi there! So i just watching hotel for the 4th time! :D and i got stuck at the same question. So im back searching the internet for those eyebrow sunglasses gaga is wearing! Did you find out something already? Are there any news? Did you print them yourself?
Kind Regards

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back