66" tos enterprise blueprint measurements

leeloo88

hello everyone im planning to do a custom style 66" tos enterprise for a buddy of mine but having a hard time finding measurements does any one know where I can find them ? Or could someone help me out with the measurements at that scale? I'm a newbie chick at this but am at a loss any help would be appreciated

Jessi

I don't know where you could get measurements for that model off the top of my head, but you don't need them to build a model. You can take any blueprints you like and use math to "up-scale" the measurements to the size you want. Just measure the length of the ship you have printed and divide that into the length you want and that will give you a multiplication factor for any other measurement taken from that print. For example: if the length of the ship you print out is 11 inches, you divide 66 by 11 and you get 6. So any other measurement you take from that print you will multiply by 6 to get the length you need for the 66 inch model. It seems like a lot of extra work, but it is just as accurate as if you had a 66 inch print-out. Angles will be the same no matter what scale you print. *tip*-get a caliper to take your measurements and use the length you get to the nearest hundredth for better accuracy. Blueprints you can find on the Google. I have some like this in my archive, but I can't share because I don't have permission from the artist, but you may find them yourself or something better:

View attachment sd-constitution-nx-1700-sheet-1-2-x.jpg

Good luck!

I believe the Sinclair plans have the dimensions for the 11 footer and your scale would divide those by half. This is what Steve Neill used in his build.

Steve Neill used the Kerr plans for "accuracy" but used the Sinclair plans for the scale. If you watched the videos you see he made templates FROM those Sinclair plans. He used those Sectional diagrams to create the foam forms. The Kit I got from him IS according to the studio model now displayed.

So what should I use for mmeasurements ? The Kerr or Sinclair plans for the best accuracy? I already started the outline for the secondary hull using sinclairs I'm using the foam rib technique then glassing over it Keep in mind I have a lot of sanding to do am I on the right track? 20170321_165551.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/garykerr/p...510318564:1490275206&source_ref=pb_friends_tl

The link above is to Gary Kerr's Facebook page. As was suggested in the BBC Star Trek forum to another person interested in his plans, you could send him a friend request and ask him for his help. Just tell him what you are doing and he may be willing to help. I have gotten the impression from other forums and threads that he is a really cool guy, and loves to help people, if he can.

While not perfect, this book has some interesting technical details and anecdotes and also includes a few measurements from Gary Kerr, I think.

IMG_8620.JPG

The Enterprise NCC 1701 and The Model Maker by N. Datin McDonald

The one and only nit-pick is lost definition in the half-tone pics which show blue line ship drawings, but the book is a labor of love and a must have. Oh and quite a bargain.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back