Iron Sorcerer

monocman770

Hi all! It has been much too long since I have been on this site but I’m back.
This is a costume I’ve had rattling around my concept bin for almost a year and a half and I think it’s time to finally give it a go. This is a build thread but I’m going to start by naming the choices I made for this and the reasoning behind them. Feel free to PM with any questions or suggestions.

This armor I’m naming Iron Sorcerer, but the suit is actually something Stark makes for Strange after Strange’s physical body is destroyed but the team still need his expertise. This is heavily influenced by the MCU so I’m just going to classify it as a “What If?” sort of thing.
The biggest influence and what will be the basis for most of the costume is the Iron Man 3 concept armor they used for promotional display. This was dubbed the “Thor Buster/Destroyer/Asgardian” armor. It seems to be mostly influenced by the Destroyer from Thor 1 and the uru armor stark uses at the end of Fear itself. For this reason I’m going to say Stark uses uru due to its ability to hold enchantments from Strange yet still reflect hostile magic.

Note: The power source is going to get replaced with the Eye of Agamatto, I’m going to stick with the MCU version and will most likely have the gem light up. I’m also going to remove the spikes from the suit and place a clear lens on the holes and place LEDS under them. The suit will also have gaps to have LED stips under them. I’m going to see the initial power needs for the major features before I go overboard with the lights though.

Iron_man_asgardian_buster.jpg

So because the suit is uru metal, the cloak of levitation need some help to get this thing moving, so Stark adds his best shot at flight spells, jets. I’m going to integrate the boosters from the Mark 39 or “starboost” armor also from Iron Man 3. This is mostly to give it some stark flare and keep the tech aspect. I might create an air system to
simulate take off from the back boosters and one of the feet, but I’ll need a little more research to see how that would work.

hotmms214-iron-man-iron-man-3-starboost-mark-xxxix-_39_-hot-toys-action-figure_11_.jpg

The next large change will be in the helmet itself. I’m making this mostly for a reference to the original idea and this will be the easiest to see out of.
cajbjl90642i63y7m13z.png

I was a little stuck on trying to get magical effects out of the suit but my idea is to have Stark take some “inspiration” form the infinity gauntlet. I’m only going to do this to the right glove and probably forego the middle gem and the thumb. I’m going to have the gems glow faintly with light and then as I grip my finger, the light brightens. The glove is also going to have a mesh like material on the palm which will be lined with a LED strip which will correspond with the light on the hand. The left hand I’m considering making look like a sling ring, but I’m still undecided about this.

2433250-infinity_gauntlet___prop_color_x_lrg.jpg

That’s all for this first post, I’m going to really start on the physical production of this after I finish a costume commission. (can’t post for customer discretion). This is going to be possibly my largest project and it’s going to bring a lot of new challenges for me. Any advice is going to be welcome. Feel free to PM on here or message me on my prop page (https://www.facebook.com/WardensArmoryProps/)

(UPDATE) anyone know where i could get the files for the asgardian armor and the gemini? I found one, but its gonna cost me 200 dollars which is really out of my budget for this.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back